Sign in to follow this  

fcr mx 39 jetting help

hi all i have a 2006 dr-z400s with a all stock motor full yosh rs3 no sparkarrestor 3x3 air box mod i need some help with jetting a oem fcr mx 39 off a 2000 yz426 im at 1100ft in northeast pa thanks

Greeting fellow Pennsyltuckian. I'm a little hesitant to answer as think my FCRMX 39 I got from TT is newer version. Be patient tho, the awswers will come. Do you know what the current jetting specs are in the carb?

I believe on the Yammie carbs the PAJ is supposed to stay in, but that is the only difference.

This is a bit of a guess, but for your alltitude i would say ...

155 Main

45 Pilot

EMN needle Clip 3

Does that sound about right with yours Kev??

I believe on the Yammie carbs the PAJ is supposed to stay in, but that is the only difference.

This is a bit of a guess, but for your alltitude i would say ...

155 Main

45 Pilot

EMN needle Clip 3

Does that sound about right with yours Kev??

Ya. The only thing I would throw in is that I went with the 155 main because of an E exhaust. For an aftermarket exhaust the instructions called for a 160 main. 2 1/2 out on the fuel screw.

ok cool.

Only reason i suggested a 155 is because the altitude is over 1000'

i guess the extra 100 doesnt really make a difference tho.

Kev i have a 07 drz, E pipe fcrmx carb, I ride the yough lake which is 1500 to 3000 feet in elevation .My carb has a 48 pilot jet ,2.0 turns out, EMN needle set on the 4th clip and a 160 main jet. Bike seems to run run fine at these settings

Greeting fellow Pennsyltuckian. I'm a little hesitant to answer as think my FCRMX 39 I got from TT is newer version. Be patient tho, the awswers will come. Do you know what the current jetting specs are in the carb?

current setup at 1100 ft 2006 dr-z 400s

fcr mx 39 from 2000 yz426

emn needle clip 3

100 paj

200maj

72 starter jet

45 pilot

162 main jet

3x3 airbox mod

k&n filter

full yosh rs3

o-ring mod

2 turns on fuel screw

bike idles well throttle is kinda boggy in colder weather runs ok in the high 60,s weather and up