Sign in to follow this  

SM Rear Wheel Re-install

So I pulled the front and rear to replace the Dunlops for Pilot Powers.

To re-install the rear how does the bushings and spacers go? Is there a detailed print out of the this? I took my time taking them out and have a good idea but would like to reference with a pic.

Process took about twenty minutes start to finish. Once the lower chain guide was removed everything else was cake. I really like the rear brake bracket and setup. I didn't need to break the chain, even though I bought the Motion chain press and breaker.

From left to right it goes ...

Swingarm - Spacer - Wheel - Spacer - Brake Bracket Bush - Swingarm

You don't need to remove the lower chain guide....... just flip the bolts over, so the flat head is on the inside.

:thumbsup:

I sawed the sticky-outy bits of the chain guide bolts flush with the back of the bracket. Makes a world of difference getting the wheel on and off.

The on-line microfiche at www.ronayers.com is a really great resource. Sorry for the monster link -- cut and paste in sections into your browser.

http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm/Module/Main/TypeID/26/Type/Motorcycle/

MakeID/2/Make/Suzuki/YearID/46/Year/2005/ModelID/7050/Model/DR-Z400S/

GroupID/304534/Group/REAR_WHEEL

Roadracer.... you are the man. That is what I was looking for.

I wish Suzuki did what Yamaha does with a similar setup as Ronayers. on their website.

You don't need to remove the lower chain guide....... just flip the bolts over, so the flat head is on the inside.

Good idea.

put left side in then work rear brake in place

Yes, thats a great idea, just stick the bolts in the chain guide the opposite way!! Never worry about the guide again!!