Header "R" or FMF Powerbomb

Hi,

Wich header will be better for my 250X 05 between the stock R and the FMF powerbomb SX (increase low and mid range power)?

I have an open airbox with a LeoVince X3 muffler, no other mod.

Thanks,

arnaud

Hi,

Wich header will be better for my 250X 05 between the stock R and the FMF powerbomb SX (increase low and mid range power)?

I have an open airbox with a LeoVince X3 muffler, no other mod.

Thanks,

arnaud

The FMF would be the better choice if you want low/mid gains. I just tried the R header and verified that it "kills" the low, but has some great gains mid/top.

an R pipe is made for high RPMs.

FMF is the way to go

Thanks, i think that i will try the FMF because i search more low-mid power than high.

I have that set up on mime and the low end is fantastic.

Is anybody running the FMF Powerbomb with the stock can on the X?

I like the stock can because it's mechanical, doesn't need to be repacked, and I can tune the noise output with the insert.

However, I just need a little more lowend and low mid to help me on torn up hills.

I'm wondering if the Powerbomb would give me just that little bit of grunt I need...

Does it mount up to the stock can OK?

I have that set up on mime and the low end is fantastic.

do you have the FMF for 250R or 250X?

can i mount the FMF "Sx" 250R 04-05 on my 250X 05?

some guy posted dynos with the exact combos you're looking at and said there is no gain with other than stock x header and silencer unless you also put an r cam or other high rev mx cam.

Most people that post are talking about improved performance are judging by seat of the pants evaluation. In my opinion this is not a very accurate way to rate it, you just spent a good chunk of money and want it very much to be worth what you spent, therefore the evaluation is biased towards success. And a louder bike always seems a little faster because it sounds meaner and faster. You know your mind can convince you that something is what it is not when more than one sensory input is changed. If it sounds faster your mind willmost likely percieve it as faster.

Who has a dyno at their disposal to really prove the result of mods anyway. Testing cost money and you have to do a lot of it to find the best combos... not to mention having all the parts to try. Magazines that do shoot-out articles on mods usually back them up with dyno results.