Sign in to follow this  

Hepner monkey butt lap 1 helmet cam

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2142455365571778386

This is my helmet cam from hepner. What a great course, event, and weekend. Go easy on the slow guy jokes. I've only been riding for 10mths.:thumbsup: I ended up 4th in the 30c class. For those that want to know, I was using the new vholdr camera and it worked great. The quality of the uploaded video isn't even close to the quality I get when I play it back on my computer or put it on dvd. Enjoy.

The quality of the uploaded video isn't even close to the quality I get when I play it back on my computer or put it on dvd.

How is the audio quility?

Enjoy.

:thumbsup:

Great video! Was most of the head movement from dodging mosquitoes? :thumbsup:

Looks like fun - sorry I missed it!

The audio quality is great unless you are moving.:ride: I had a shield on the camera and it worked pretty good at blocking wind noise but I didn't have it on for the race.

Yeah, the head movement was from the mosquitos hitting my head and knocking it around.:bonk: It's hard to see on the video but most of the jerking around was from big rocks. Some guys said there were too many but, personally, I thought the course was perfect. A mix of everything thrown in there.:thumbsup: This is definately a race that a guy doesn't want to miss. They had a poker run and kids race on saturday and then the race sunday. There are fishing ponds at the park and down the road and the anson wright park and it just makes a great weekend for a family. Great people and a first class event.

Morrow County OHV Park.

Between Spray & Heppner Oregon, on HWY 207.

Is it usually dusty like that? Is this eastern Oregon?

Looks like a cool place, did not see many course markers?

That was my first time there so I'm not sure if the dust was normal. It was about half and half between dusty and perfect damp dirt. The course was marked pretty good. I only had one spot that got me fouled up and I just missed the marker. It would be a great place to camp for fun riding. There is a kids track, a mx track and, I believe, over 160 miles of new trail. They've even got a pressure wash station to clean you bike.

Morrow County OHV Park.

Between Spray & Heppner Oregon, on HWY 207.

Where is this in relation to the Redmond/Bend area?

That was my first time there so I'm not sure if the dust was normal. It was about half and half between dusty and perfect damp dirt. The course was marked pretty good. I only had one spot that got me fouled up and I just missed the marker. It would be a great place to camp for fun riding. There is a kids track, a mx track and, I believe, over 160 miles of new trail. They've even got a pressure wash station to clean you bike.

Snohomish County could learn a thing or two from Morrow County :thumbsup:

Where is this in relation to the Redmond/Bend area?

Go through redmond to prineville and then about 50 miles. Right before mitchel, take a left and go through spray and probibly another 15-20 miles.

Its about a 2 hour drive from Prineville.

Mapquest Spray Oregon, and the riding area is south of Hardman, north of Spray, on 207, in the Umatilla Natl Forest.

This was uncharacteristic conditions for this time of year. Usually its either a muddy, slimy mess, or close to perfect. The race that was there last October was PERFECTION.

This place just gets better and better each time I go there. Its a shame its such a long drive for me, because its pretty nice. Its getting bigger, too. They just aquired another 1900 acres to build trail on.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2142455365571778386

For those that want to know, I was using the new vholdr camera and it worked great. The quality of the uploaded video isn't even close to the quality I get when I play it back on my computer or put it on dvd. Enjoy.

What is your overall impression of the Vholdr? I've had my eye on it for a while and am thinking about pulling the trigger.

How's the mounting on your helmet working out?

This place just gets better and better each time I go there. Its a shame its such a long drive for me, because its pretty nice. Its getting bigger, too. They just aquired another 1900 acres to build trail on.

So to clarify.... this place is owned and operated by the county? We have a couple county OHV parks up here in WA but nothing with anything close to 160 miles of trail :thumbsup:

What is your overall impression of the Vholdr? I've had my eye on it for a while and am thinking about pulling the trigger.

How's the mounting on your helmet working out?

When I first got the camera, I had a few issues and finally ended up contacting them. They said I had a defective camera and that they would have a new one out by the weekend so I would have it for a race. The new camera got here the next day.:thumbsup: Needless to say, I'm pleased with the customer service. I'm also happy with the camera itself. The mount has been working surprisingly well. You could see in the video that I always hit brush and what not and it holds tight. They are supposed to be coming out with other mounts, as well.

Great video, thanks. Our group had five riders in different classes, we had a blast. I agree its a long haul for me too, but what the hell, gas prices aren't that bad these days!!!

awesome video :bonk: can't wait to sit down and watch the whole thing, that's cool it's nice and long

If you watch until about the half hour mark, you get to see me slide out on a corner and then, right after that, a guy in front of me wipes out. :ride: After that, I go the wrong way on the course and, when I tried to turn around, I must have went in a hole or something because I tipped over. I did say a couple "colorful" words on that one, though.:thumbsup: