2009 Yz250f

Nice bike! Hopefully efi for next year?

Does not seem like too many changes from that small article, new linkage and swing arm could be good or bad. Yami suspension has been really good out the box the last few years so hopefully these changes will improve things even more and not mess anything up.

I heard they were going over to wetsump, I'm glad to see its still dry. switching over to a longer header, high comp piston from the previous year... are they trying to have bottom end power like a honda? hope not, I don't like honda's powerband

We should of figured all this out wth the Transworldmx pics. the bike hardly changed, which is both good and bad.

Erik

I don't like where the linkage goes, sticks too far down, and looks like it could be whacked pretty nicely

The stickers on the side plates are a complete waste of time/effort/money ;(

Hey , is that an oil tank between the frame rails?

I don't like where the linkage goes, sticks too far down, and looks like it could be whacked pretty nicely

ya mean like where the honda's been for the past....oh....11+ years?

which is what this is now a copy of.

never mind that a true measurement would show it to probably be within 10mm of where it was.

Yes, the same as 08. It actually stays out of trouble surprisingly well.

it would appear the 4valve head wont show up until it comes with efi.

My 1993 YZ250 had almost the same swingarm/linkage setup as this new bike...look up some pics, from 93-95 both the YZ125 & YZ250 had a slightly humpback swingarm with the linkage hanging down below.

Quote "The head pipe has been decreased in diameter and increased in length. It is noticeably longer than last year’s YZ250F head pipe."

Like a Rocket

RvY3.jpg

Since upgraded to FMF powerbomb

Quote"Rear Axle: Yamaha has joined the rest of the manufacturers by going to a larger 25mm rear axle."

Great, so my spare wheels won't fit?

Quote"Rear Axle: Yamaha has joined the rest of the manufacturers by going to a larger 25mm rear axle."

Great, so my spare wheels won't fit?

no idea yet, but yes i will be upset as well.

+3

I had really been planning on a 2009 (new bike every three years is what I was thinking); but if my wheels won't fit, and I just completely rebuilt my 2006...

decisions, decisions. no idea when they're coming out; I guess I still have some time to think it over.

Just get different wheel bearings with a larger I.D. and they will still fit.

Just get different wheel bearings with a larger I.D. and they will still fit.

also needed:

spacer tube

dust cups (if your hubs need this)

so maybe not all that bad.

Looks like a better OEM chain...gold?

a better chain is a good dream!

I hope it's better for the engine because I HATE changing the oil on my '07! 'Course I still do it.

I'm due for some new rubber soon. Anyone have those 403/404s? How are they on intermediate terrain?