OHV Special Interest Plates

Dear OHV Friend,

Most people have no idea that 4.5 million Californians enjoy off-roading, or that it’s an 11 billion dollar industry.

However, if we all displayed a specialized OHV license plate on our automobiles, everyone would see how widespread and important off-roading is to state’s economy.

Similar to "Save the Whales" and other Special Interest Plates , Assemblymember Joel Anderson (77th District) is starting a petition drive to authorize a specialized OHV license plate. California will produce the plate only if it receives an initial order of 7,500.

To guarantee the success of this petition, we need to collect the names and addresses of 10,000 people willing to buy an OHV plate for their street vehicle. As of January 14th, 2986 names have been received.

Please help us collect these signatures by signing the petition online at: www.ohvplates.org

Any idea how much more over our already highly inflated DMV costs it will be? With 2 cars, 1 truck, one trailer, 4 green sticker registrations and 3 plated DS registrations, I feel like I need a second mortgage just for the DMV charges.......

Any idea how much more over our already highly inflated DMV costs it will be? With 2 cars, 1 truck, one trailer, 4 green sticker registrations and 3 plated DS registrations, I feel like I need a second mortgage just for the DMV charges.......

3 words for you...

"Mailbox in Montana"

If the fees from these license plates actually go into OHV funds, I'm all for it.

If not, well then the DMV can take these plates and shove them up their ass.

Diesel is $5 a gallon, registration is $500 a year. I don't need anymore additional fees for nothing.

I just spoke with a fellow who is working on this, they still

do not have enough signatures.

This is NOT a requirement, DMV does take a small cut for processing

but the bulk of the proceeds got directly into capitol improvements for OHV only.

Nobody else can touch a drop

Wayne