Sign in to follow this  

which mrd exhust?

Well i personally like the look of the normal more, but supposedly the pro comp is quieter and you don't lose any power.

Pro comp defenitly. I ended up buying the pieces later for the pro comp spec. Because it makes it quieter than the regular MRD. around 99 decibals with pro comp. The regular is around 102. It is worth the extra $30.

:thumbsup: 102 is too loud. Don't they sell a quiet insert? I don't plan on getting a pipe but just thought id add to the conversation.

The pro comp looks funny in my opinion. I think the regular ones are nice looking.

Thats why he has the pro comp spec, no power taken away and its quieter. I think my bike is a respectable noise level now with the pro comp pieces.

And if Dave comes up with a new way to make the bike quieter without taking away any power from his current system, I'll probably be one of the firsts to buy it :thumbsup:

Pro comp defenitly. I ended up buying the pieces later for the pro comp spec. Because it makes it quieter than the regular MRD. around 99 decibals with pro comp. The regular is around 102. It is worth the extra $30.

99 decibles? So they aren't legal?

99 decibles? So they aren't legal?

with the tapperd core and procomp endcap they are AMA legal 99 db using the standard 20" test method, but they end up quieter than some other 99 db pipes at full throttle because of the resonator in the procomp endcap , I also have inserts to get them down to 96 db for trail riders :thumbsup:

HEY Buckwheat that pro comp is sweet we have one it almost looks just like a over priced Pro Circuit, and works great and excellent quality.