Sign in to follow this  

Favor needed

Hello fellow TT'ers. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me out by making a detailed template of thier skidplate for a 650l including pics, holes and bend locations. I want to make one for my bike because they are so dang expensive. I would really appreciate the help and would be willing to make a case saver like the one I made for my bike in return. Thanks. Joe :thumbsup:

Pic of case saver:

IMG_1571.jpg

IMG_1573.jpg

i just did my case saver like you did also, wow what a PITA that stuff melted like crazy with the dremel, i think ill just end up getting an XRs metal one prolly. sorry no skidplate on mine brother!

i just did my case saver like you did also, wow what a PITA that stuff melted like crazy with the dremel, i think ill just end up getting an XRs metal one prolly. sorry no skidplate on mine brother!

I'll hook you up Dennis, just pm me your addy.

looks like you need some VHT hi temp header paint on that exhaust LOL just looked closer i like your half moon case saver pretty nice, whad you use to hold it on? Silicon

If I had to guess, I would say there is JB Weld behind that case saver.

I can get pictures of the skidplate on my 600 if it will help.

Changing the oil last month look what I found!:bonk::lol::thumbsup::mad::lol:

CIMG1033.jpg

I have no idea when it happened but I'm very lucky it didn't punch through.:ride: I have some 1/32(I think it's 1/32) stainless stock I could use if I had a way to cut it.

Changing the oil last month look what I found!:bonk::lol::thumbsup::lol::p

I have no idea when it happened but I'm very lucky it didn't punch through.:ride: I have some 1/32(I think it's 1/32) stainless stock I could use if I had a way to cut it.

Just use some sheet metal shears RMAN, mine is made out of 1/16" and that's what I used to cut it out, then just use a sander or dremel to smooth it out. I used a hole saw for the center. I stuck it to my case with silicone and it's not going anywhere.

Headtrauma, thanks for the offer but I really need a template to be able to make an exact copy. :mad: