Sign in to follow this  

sandblasted

heres the new setup for my covers. Just waiting on the new gaskets. I sandblasted them myself with a little kit my dad had that hooks to the compressor. We used a play sand bought from LOWES. First parts I have ever sandblasted. Im also trying out the Ready Racing S/S fiter. How do they look?

stator001-1.jpg

nice man..did you do the top cover?

not yet, might try it. But I will probably just get it powdercoated black:ride: .

looks nice, im probably going to do something similar, what sand blasting kit thing have you got, any pics?

looks nice, im probably going to do something similar, what sand blasting kit thing have you got, any pics?

Its just an old one, not that powerful... My dad is an artist/sculptor/handyman so he has all these random tools. But harbor freight sells sandblasters for pretty good prices.

thanks, i do think they look better sandblasted compared to coated cause they look tatty after year from boot rub

your bike is really going to look "one off" now with black clutch cover and the other side cover thing (dont know whats its called) :thumbsup:

now I just want to get an oil fill dipstick for engine and just a plug in anodized red for the trans. anyone know to get them cheaper than 17.99? I think pit posse is the cheapest.

ya i just sanded mine down (the clutch side) and SOS ed them and my frame i wish that i could post a pic but don't have a good computer to do it but it looks sick.

:thumbsup:

One question crfrider189, are you actually riding or racing this bike? You are sure putting some effort and money into it. Looks great but.

One question crfrider189, are you actually riding or racing this bike? You are sure putting some effort and money into it. Looks great but.

Yes I plan to start racing it. I really didn't spend that much money on it... Most of the mods were discounted, cheap, or free. Also I just take pride in having a clean, well maintained bike. My riding skills have improved drastically in the few months i've had my bike so its getting closer to racing time. :thumbsup: