What bars should I get?

The bars I have now are too low for me. I'm 6'1" and they are stock Suzuki bend renthals cut to 29.5" width.

100_1565.jpg

I have 1" risers on them and they could almost still be taller. I was wondering what bend I should get - I'll definitely be going with 7/8" Pro Tapers, however.

I was thinking the Pastana FMX bend, without using the risers - would that setup be as tall as my current? ATV high? Mini high? KX high? What are your thoughs? I'd like to not have to run the risers... BTW I ride woods and stand a lot so that's my need for tall bars, I'm not an FMXer or anything...

Fasstco Flex bars. You will never run anything else.

Wow, they look pretty nice, but I get a dealer discount on only the Pro Tapers, so a new set of SEs are $42.

Pro Taper Windham bend.

I've got ricky carmichael hi-bars , could do without the name but they open up your riding position a bit because they are a bit taller than standard bars and have a crossbar tall enough to fit a steering damper

hi-bars. also depends on your style of riding whether you ride up on the bike or more centered

I only ride motocross, no trails, and ride fairly aggressive. What bend bars do you guys recommend for someone 5'8"? 2009 YZF250.Thanks!

henry/reed or kdub..

another good option are cr-hi

henry/reed or kdub..

another good option are cr-hi

I was going to recommend the same. I am 6ft and run a Windham bend myself. However, you said youre using risers anyway. Why not switch to a 1 1/8in bar? It will add a little more flex. The adapter to fit your clamps would raise the bars slightly, and with the added height of the bars, it might be more comfortable for you. After riding with a braceless Pro Taper on my old YZ250F, and then riding a bike with a standard 7/8 bar, I never wanted to use a standard handlebar again. They felt too rigid...just my perception anyway.

Nice RM, by the way :excuseme:.

Fastt Flexx Bars

CR-Low......

Handlebars are a personal preference.....only you can decide what bend works for you!

CR-Low......

Handlebars are a personal preference.....only you can decide what bend works for you!

Wow.... I don't know anyone who runs CR-LOW bars, I couldn't get used to the medium bend.... love My CR-HIGH bend! :excuseme:

the cr highs are incredibly low to me...

Wow.... I don't know anyone who runs CR-LOW bars, I couldn't get used to the medium bend.... love My CR-HIGH bend! :excuseme:

LOL .....Im short! :bonk: ......and I like a bar that is flat and with the least sweep back.

My point is everyone has a different body type and there is no magic handlebar that fits everyone.

Go to your local dealer and pick up the different bends.....and close your eyes to feel how you like them.

If you want a tall bar and want to keep with 7/8th get the Renthal Desert/Vintage bend (666-02) it has a 6" rise. Or the Dakar bend, also called Enduro 6.5, it has a 6 1/2" rise. The later has to be purchased from the U.K. or Rocky Mountain MC can special order them. I went with a shop in the U.K., actually paid about $10 less and it got here in 6 days.

Renthal Jimmy Button bend.