Tank graphics Questions

1991 XR600R with the IMS 4 gallon tank. I just bought new UFO side covers in white and the XR's only tank graphics for the IMS tank. I was planning to wipe the tank and apply the graphics a few minutes later. Any suggestions for what to wipe it with to make the graphics adhere better? Anything else I should know? Thanks, Troy in tahoe

I've got the same graphics on my 4gal IMS tank. All I did was wash the tank with dish soap dry it and before applying the graphics I wiped the whole tank down with rubbing alcohol. Read the directions that came with the graphics before you start, they tell you to spray the tank and graphics down with water before applying. Mine turned out great. :thumbsup:

IMG_1526.jpg

I've got the same graphics on my 4gal IMS tank. All I did was wash the tank with dish soap dry it and before applying the graphics I wiped the whole tank down with rubbing alcohol. Read the directions that came with the graphics before you start, they tell you to spray the tank and graphics down with water before applying. Mine turned out great. :thumbsup:

IMG_1526.jpg

Those graphics look awesome! How are they holding up to the bubble issue? When I installed mine (Factory Efx) the directions called for glass cleaner to use as a lube to get the graphics placed and the air bubbles out. It worked fine, but I am having the bubble issue, even with the perferated graphics. I've recently seen tank covers on ebay. I wonder how those would fit over the Clarke tank.

-Joe

Those graphics look awesome! How are they holding up to the bubble issue? When I installed mine (Factory Efx) the directions called for glass cleaner to use as a lube to get the graphics placed and the air bubbles out. It worked fine, but I am having the bubble issue, even with the perferated graphics. I've recently seen tank covers on ebay. I wonder how those would fit over the Clarke tank.

-Joe

Hey Joe, Mine are holding up great with no bubbles whatsoever. I just followed the directions and after applying the graphics I used a squeegie to get the bubbles out and kept doing that for a day or so. I could have swore that those tank covers on ebay are for stock tanks, and they fit really tight. I thought about getting one of those because they are really nice looking until I read about them being for stock tanks. Joe

Hey Joe, Mine are holding up great with no bubbles whatsoever. I just followed the directions and after applying the graphics I used a squeegie to get the bubbles out and kept doing that for a day or so. I could have swore that those tank covers on ebay are for stock tanks, and they fit really tight. I thought about getting one of those because they are really nice looking until I read about them being for stock tanks. Joe

I'd read the same thing on those covers. Maybe we'll get lucky and someone will figure out there is a market for larger ones...hint, hint, hint. I did the squeegie thing with mine, but then it was about 45 degrees or so when I installed mine. For now I just work the bubbles out when they appear, no big deal.

-Joe

When you do it, work the decal over pretty good while the water is still there, really makes a difference. I just did my number plate and worked the vinyl for about 20 minutes and outside of the crap vinyl I was using, it looks decent.

Right now, I'm using water with a smidgen of dish soap. Just did some custom work for the Gators at work and haven't had a problem.