Glen Helen AMA National MX,,big news fans!

National number 686, young Derek Costella will be out on his GP/All Access/FMF/Sunoco/Dunlop TC450 to get a Husky back into the big game!!!!! Just looked over his #2 machine as was in final prep.

PS Dirt Digits has the 08 pattern number plate graphics layout.

PPS Titanium and aluminum fasteners fit real well on the TC:thumbsup:

Have not seen a formal press release on this yet,,,but what the hell, the cat is out of the bag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2008 Husqvarna TC450 debut at the highest level of US MX competition!!

"ride" is right we are going mainstream,,,whats next? Aprilia, Gas Gas?????

ATK:ride:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at Glen Helen today and no #686 Husky of Derek Costella. A privateer friend of mine told me he was there yesterday, but the AMA couldn't let him race due to the production rule.?.?.? Apparently Husqvarna doesn't build or sell enough TC's in the US to race one at the pro level.?.? Can this be true? I thought the AMA ruling was a minimum of 50 units sold to the public. Has this figure changed? Is all this just B.S.?? Someone please chime in with actual details of Costella's absence.....:ride:?

Also, if anyone there on Sataurday saw Derek's Husky in the pits and snapped a photo of it, I'd love to see it.:bonk:

The AMA sucks and always has sucked.What do they have to fear from little ol' Husqvarna?It's always something stupid with them.Everyone knows they're in bed with the Japanese when it comes to motocross.The meaningless,FIM inspired fuel rules that are applied to one team and not another,their twisted quest to eliminate two-strokes and the latest idiocy,downsizing the 450 class because they're just too fast.I could go on and on.They make exceptions for everything else,they should just let Husqvarna compete.They're obviously inferior to the Japanese products,right?So what's the problem?Anyway,we don't need to see a Husky on TV or even on the cover of the gay MX fashion mags to want one.Maybe the AMA would get some real membership if they were not so inept and corrupt but I don't think that is one of their goals.

The AMA sucks and always has sucked.What do they have to fear from little ol' Husqvarna?It's always something stupid with them.Everyone knows they're in bed with the Japanese when it comes to motocross.The meaningless,FIM inspired fuel rules that are applied to one team and not another,their twisted quest to eliminate two-strokes and the latest idiocy,downsizing the 450 class because they're just too fast.I could go on and on.They make exceptions for everything else,they should just let Husqvarna compete.They're obviously inferior to the Japanese products,right?So what's the problem?Anyway,we don't need to see a Husky on TV or even on the cover of the gay MX fashion mags to want one.Maybe the AMA would get some real membership if they were not so inept and corrupt but I don't think that is one of their goals.

I understand your frustration but the whole reason for the production rule is to eliminate factory works bikes from the big companies. If you have it your way and they eliminate the production rule Husky stands even less of a chance against the competition. Rather than complain about the AMA why not complain about Husqvarna not importing enough bikes to NA to compete at the pro level.

perhaps we will hear from somebody at G.P. to give us the full skinny. rumors are just that. I believe that over the years the amount of bikes has changed, it may be different for flat track - vs - motocross. i know there are exception's to the rules. I know damn well Ron wood didn't build 400 flat trackers in one year to be able to sell them to the pro's and amateurs for FT... just another reason to give the big bird to the ama. I have to wonder if paul at G.P. even was aware of the rule, or checked the rule book. hard to believe they would put together an effort like that and let something like that get by. perhaps somebody on here knows paul and can find out.........?:ride::bonk:

wonder how G.P. was able to run bikes in the supermoto championship. the bikes started out as TC 450. then got RR series frames, . I am sure there was factory involvement in the big 5 as far as that goes. anybody have sales figures for husky per last year, ?:ride:

perhaps we will hear from somebody at G.P. to give us the full skinny. rumors are just that. I believe that over the years the amount of bikes has changed, it may be different for flat track - vs - motocross. i know there are exception's to the rules. I know damn well Ron wood didn't build 400 flat trackers in one year to be able to sell them to the pro's and amateurs for FT... just another reason to give the big bird to the ama. I have to wonder if paul at G.P. even was aware of the rule, or checked the rule book. hard to believe they would put together an effort like that and let something like that get by. perhaps somebody on here knows paul and can find out.........?:ride::bonk:

Huskyfrk

why don't you ( and some of the other regular posters) come out and race GlenHelen SRA GP with us on June 22? I for one, along with Newcastle, Chazlom and Rec_rider continue to be representing the "H" at Glen Helen all the time......Rec_rider dominates all of his classes , with Newcastle holeshotting almost all the time and racking up some good finishes... and I'm starting to contend for a podium......granted it may not be National Outdoor series but we need to get more recognition for Husky.... the only way to do that is to get more bikes on the track..... none of us are 16 year old kids but if a few more 16 year olds saw us on the tracks more often we wouldn't be the minority that we currently are...

I love seeing guys remark.... "did you see that Husky pull that Holeshot" and hearing guys swear over the sound of their bikes when I (we) blow past them on their CRF's or YZF's or KTM whatevers. In the March? race Chaz, NCB and myself held 2nd, 3rd and 4th place for quite a while.... NCB finished 2nd, I finished 9th ( after being in 4th and then being t-boned and hi-sided by a KTM rider) ... I made up a lot of ground and had to pass a lot of bike s to make it back to 9th....and everyone in the pits has a lot of respect for us.... never a negative comment from any of the other riders......

The 400 rule may suck but you change that by one ride at a time, one rider representing a little bit more every weekend....

T

I'll find out from GP what happened...you guys probably hit the nail with the production rule. Which could be amended for little companies,,,a percentage type rule,,,.

Imagine a moto with all the cottage company bikes vying for glory. As they have in the WEC, last I counted it was like 13 brands racing the world enduro (FIM) competition for out right brand coverage I believe that the WEC is the most diverse racing series (for 2 or 4 wheels) in the world today, that really makes it fun to watch.

see sheet 8,, homologation rules,,,,,,,there are no specific numbers,,it is entirely up to them to make the call (as I read it).

http://www.amaproracing.com/prorace/pdf/MXSX%202008%20Rules.pdf

I believe you are right. Maybe GP's rider was just not ready, he was never on the pre-entry list.

Looking at the AMA rules about numbers and numberplates (page 14), I would say they are going to have a heck of a time fitting triple digit numbers within the guidelines on the ridiculous Husky sideplates.