Sign in to follow this  

Getting my first four stroke tomorrow.

I've stepped over to the dark side and going to Roswell Georgia tomorrow to pick up a new 07 Aprilia SXV 550. I'll use it for frequent trips to Hooters and trips to work to save on gas and just have fun on. They addressed all of my concerns about things I've read and I'll save ~$3000 over an 08. Getting it from Atlanta Motor World and they sell everything including Ducati and Moto Guzzi. The remaining bucks I'll get a KTM 200SX or a decent YZ125 for some track work. I'll still get a new big bore later like a TM300, Gas Gas 300 or another YZ with the 285 kit. Life is good and I'll post pics as they're available. :thumbsup:

Craigus

Congrats on the bike man, thumpers rock!

I was always a big time smoker dude, but the moment that V-twin hit the market I was in love. My trick little RZ350 has let me down the last few months with an electrical problem and I decided to get something I don't have to worry about every time I take it out.

Craigus

worthlessthread.gif

Post 'em up...we wanna see your new sweetheart!

Well that's a schweet four-stroke to get, that's for sure. :ride: I'd love to see some pics.

If you can find a 200SX... I highly recommend that bike. My '04 is the best bike I've ever had, and I truly mean that. :thumbsup:

Post 'em up...we wanna see your new sweetheart!

Dont forget about the RZ.

That's trick! :thumbsup:

Is that a single-side swingarm? Can it easily be converted to off-road? How much does it weigh?

(sorry for the interrogation...just really curious!)

that bike is tight, i'm liking the old chebby truck too, and what is that in the back of the other pic, a dodge stealth??oh well, now all you gotta do is make them frequent trips to hooters...:thumbsup::lol::ride::lol:

that bike is tight, i'm liking the old chebby truck too, and what is that in the back of the other pic, a dodge stealth??oh well, now all you gotta do is make them frequent trips to hooters...:ride::lol::bonk::lol:

Hell yeah! I didn't even catch the fact that the bike is Hooter's colors! Hmmm...maybe some Hooter's graphics! :thumbsup:

Just got back from the Maiden voyage that was cut short with a low fuel light. This thing is a trip. It revs instantly and the brakes are scary good. The clutch is nice and shifting very positive. On my way to BP for some premium so I can get her back out. The little red car in pic is my 94 3000gt VR4 which is basically stock except a catback Borla. I have a 65 Chevelle that is almost ready for the road with a 383 roller, 4340 rods&crank, Big Stuff 3 injection etc...and a Turbonetics T76 cooled by an air to liquid IC welded by me. This bike is the ultimate street bike to me but with extreme care can be taken off road a little. I'm going to chack on switching wheels and that swingarm isn't single sided.

Craigus

Just got back from the Maiden voyage that was cut short with a low fuel light. This thing is a trip. It revs instantly and the brakes are scary good. The clutch is nice and shifting very positive. On my way to BP for some premium so I can get her back out. The little red car in pic is my 94 3000gt VR4 which is basically stock except a catback Borla. I have a 65 Chevelle that is almost ready for the road with a 383 roller, 4340 rods&crank, Big Stuff 3 injection etc...and a Turbonetics T76 cooled by an air to liquid IC welded by me. This bike is the ultimate street bike to me but with extreme care can be taken off road a little. I'm going to chack on switching wheels and that swingarm isn't single sided.

Craigus

Ok, couldn't tell for sure from the pics...unlike some of the Ducati's, your Aprilia has a wet clutch, right?

Looks like a lot of fun. Enjoy, man!:thumbsup:

I have a 65 Chevelle that is almost ready for the road with a 383 roller, 4340 rods&crank, Big Stuff 3 injection etc...and a Turbonetics T76 cooled by an air to liquid IC welded by me.

Sorry to go OT, but that car sounds simply wicked. ~800whp target with that beast? :thumbsup:

The '66 Chevelle was my first car. I want another (much better) one. After I get my 2009 Camaro...:thumbsup: