cylinder head cover?

can i take my cylinder head cover off my engine with oil currently in the bike?

also is there anything else i should know before taking it off?

What kind of bike do you have?

If it is a 2 stroke, than yes, but I am assuming that it is a four stroke, and therefore I dont have a clue

can i take my cylinder head cover off my engine with oil currently in the bike?

also is there anything else i should know before taking it off?

RMZ450?? Yes, you can take it off with oil in it. Two things to be aware of:

1. there's a little plastic/rubber piece attached to the underside of the cover (acts as a chain guide for the cam chain). Be sure that piece stays where it is supposed to be. The first time I took the cover off my bike I didn't know about the plastic piece and I ended up dropping it down into the engine.

2. When you put the cover back on, don't over-tighten the bolts. They strip really easily (I speak from experience on this one too).

BTW, I assume it's a RM-Z450 because you posted a question in the RM-Z450 thread before. If it's some other bike...then nevermind.

RMZ450?? Yes, you can take it off with oil in it. Two things to be aware of:

1. there's a little plastic/rubber piece attached to the underside of the cover (acts as a chain guide for the cam chain). Be sure that piece stays where it is supposed to be. The first time I took the cover off my bike I didn't know about the plastic piece and I ended up dropping it down into the engine.

2. When you put the cover back on, don't over-tighten the bolts. They strip really easily (I speak from experience on this one too).

BTW, I assume it's a RM-Z450 because you posted a question in the RM-Z450 thread before. If it's some other bike...then nevermind.

Yeah, dont do what Honda123 did to his valve cover and strip the bolts. Make sure you torque it to spec! :thumbsup::ride::bonk: