Tips on taking off front sprocket

I've been trying to remove the front sprocket nut for an hour now using a ratchet with a pipe on top of it as a breaker bar and not getting very far.

I tried to heat up the nut, but it still won't budge.

First stupid question.. This is a normal thread right? Counter clockwise (turn left) to remove it.

Can anyone share any methods they have found successful in removing it?

Thanks,

Mike

Air impact is the fastest, but I've had success with cordless impacts as well.

First time I tried a demo 1/4" Hilti 14.4 volt impact gun. It took a while, but it came off. The next time I used a DeWalt 18V 1/2" impact driver. Dang nut zipped right off in a hurry.

I would never want to try w/o an impact driver of some sort.

I did mine by standing on the bike, right foot was on the rear brake and I used the left foot on the ratchet to brake it loose. I don't remember using any kind of extension, cuz I'm pretty sure I don't have anything that would work....took some effort but it came loose. If I had it to do over I'd have bought a cheap impact gun from harbor freight.

I use a large (long) Craftsmen screwdriver between the slots of the rear sprocket and across the swingarm (either on top or on the bottom of the swingarm depending on tighting or loosing the nut). I wrap the blade of the screwdriver with a good sized rag. I use a snap-on full length breaker bar for removal and a snap-on torque wrench to tighten. Never had an issue

It's still stock... so if there is locktite on it, the moco did it.

I went out and bought a 450lbs impact driver for $110.00. Hopefully that will do the trick. I'll find out tomorrow.

Thanks for the replies.

It's still stock... so if there is locktite on it, the moco did it.

I went out and bought a 450lbs impact driver for $110.00. Hopefully that will do the trick. I'll find out tomorrow.

Thanks for the replies.

your going to rip it in half . 100 lbs will do hell i only use a 24volt impack