\White Boots?/

Ive always wated to have pair of white a-stars. But now that alot of people say to get black instead, cause white stains. Is it cause they dont clean them?

Also has anyone ran Tech-3 boots with Tech 8 or 10's bootie's?

Is it cause they dont clean them?

Yes. I've got a bunch of white on my SG10's and they are clean with no staining. Just was after riding and no worries.

ive had my white tech 8s for about 6 months. still look like they were new (minus the normal wear and tear). You just have to clean them off after a really hard ride.. i usually clean them a day or two afterwards with a wet cloth.. if they are caked then i throw the hose on them.. then dry, then a wet cloth to get the excess dirt.. white boots can stay white.. just like anything else you want looking new.. you need to wash and take care of them.

Ive had a pair of white boots that im about to retire for 2 years and you can still get them nice and white with a quick clean. I am getting another pair of white ones this week.

Thank you. Im going white. :thumbsup:

i have tech 9s and the aluminum really does blacken up the white. cant avoid that easily though with an alu. frame

I've always heard that white stains and is hard to keep clean but I've never had any problems. My white Thor 50/50's and my son's white Thor Quadrants are no harder to keep clean than my black O'Neal Elements. I've found that black scratches easily.

I've always had white boots and they stay white for me. I just wash them when they get dirty, then every couple washes I scrub them with bleach white.

Mr. clean magic eraser works wonders!! pressure washer works too. ahaha

Uh oh!

27554827a43393396.jpg

I have white, and other than some black which I dont know where it came from on the plastic part that would touch the frame, still look new.

I have a pair of SG-10s and the white plastic is yellowing, but keep in mind these boots are over 4 years old with lots of wear and tear. I would buy a pair again in a heartbeat, SG-10s that is, but maybe in the carbon this time around.

Pretty funny to see this thread... I just picked of a pair of WHITE tech 3's and there pretty white. I was wondering the same thing but went with the white anyways cause all black is way to plain.

White boots look cool but they don't stay looking that way as long as black boots. How fast do you want to spend?

Dawn dish soap and a sponge/old toothbrush works wonders. :thumbsup:

Theres some stuff to clean the white walls on tires, I dont have white boots and I dont know if that stuff would damage the boots. I dont know if I would want to try it but I bet it would work good for getting them white again.

Theres some stuff to clean the white walls on tires, I dont have white boots and I dont know if that stuff would damage the boots. I dont know if I would want to try it but I bet it would work good for getting them white again.

I've used white wall cleaner too and it worked fine.

I think you are referring to Westly's Bleach White. It will damage aluminum wheels so I can only imagine what it would do to leather and plastic over time.

I have seen people pressure wash them, and i know that Mr. Clean Magic Eraser does wonders on almost anything white. My mom tired to clean our refridgerator handle and nothing worked. She do Magic Erasers and she didnt even need to use elbow grease :thumbsup:

I use them on my shoes too

I got some white Tech 10s a few months ago and they still look good. After every ride, I spray them with water, followed by Simple Green, then clean them with a Mr. Magic Eraser. Works great