5-Hour 135 mile Dual-Sport Ride East of Phoenix

My son & I took this ride at the end of March this year. Sorry I didn't get to post it until now, but here are a few good pics of it.

It starts at the 101 and E. McDowell Rd in Scottsdale and is a loop of about 135 miles. There are about 75 miles of on-road and then about 60 miles of off-road which is dirt road, jeep trail, rough jeep trail, and other stuff. Elevation starts about 1200' above sea level and goes up to 7400'+ as you go up & over 4-Peaks. You can even take the short diversion right up to the top if you want to get higher yet.

The views are great seeing Apache Trail AZ88 and all of the SRP Lakes along that route, Fishcreek Hill, the dam at Roosevelt Lake & AZ188, then the trip up El Oso Road up and over 4-Peaks. No, we didn't get any snow on the route, but would have if we went the previous weekend. Also, the road down 4-Peks to the west had many smaller water crossings, of which were quite cold. We didn't stop for a pic of these, but it's a nice change. While not truly singletrack, the route down did offer many challenges with the roughness, rocks, and many severely washed out sections. :thumbsup:

We refer to it as the Apache Trail/4-Peaks Run. Here's the map and some pics. Make sure you check out the satellite view too:

NOW REALLY..........this group of Scooters just came outta' nowhere as we were taking a break by Canyon Lake..........weird:jawdrop:

HappyRiding !!

Very nice!

lucky munkers!

Great pictures... Thanks for sharing!

Nice shots, & a nice ride. Thanks for posting!

That area is very scenic & fun to ride through.