Sign in to follow this  

rs-2 or rs-3

So what is the diff between the rs2 and 3? I see that 2 is oval and 3 is round but performance diffs??? Does the rs2 have a SA. I now the rs3 does.

rs3 is oval too.

just been superceded(sp) by the rs2.

both should come with SA's. and quiet insert.

I believe the RS2 is intended for the S subframe. The RS3 is intended for the E subframe. Either will work on either.

This is stainless RS-3:

2064.jpg

Here we can see the Titanium RS-2:

4.jpg

And here is the famous Yoshi Titanium TRC:

2383.jpg

And this one is full stainless RS-2:

3250.jpg

I almost forgot about the one which is the maddest of 'em all here it is - TRS

TRS-RR-Muffler_sm.jpg

Very niiiiiice :thumbsup:

JJ

No offense to anyone who has one, but I personally hate the new cartoon looking stickers on the new Yoshis. It makes a nice exhaust look cheap IMO. I just bought my bike a month ago, and really wanted a Yosh too. Long live the RS-3.

how much quieter is the rs-2 than comparable exhausts. I'm looking to still be able to sneak up on animals.

how much quieter is the rs-2 than comparable exhausts. I'm looking to still be able to sneak up on animals.

If you're looking to sneak up on animals you may want to keep your stock exhaust:p

I have the RS3 on my sm. Love it.

A friend just picked up a new RS-2 and unlike the RS-3 nowhere does it say offroad on it. So if you were to get stopped for noise I think you'd stand a much better shot with teh RS-2. Just MO

The stickers come off the rs-2 without a problem.

Whats the best way to get the stickers off?

(yup, took over the the whole damn 747 with an AK)

I just use a little heat on them and they peeled right off. Might need some goof-off, lighter fluid, whatever to clean up extra residue but it was easier than peeling manufacturers stickers.

What do you mean by different though, just power?? Think we've covered most other things..

Power outputs from the 2 are very similar. The RS3 was an older design and like it has been said the RS2 is the newer shape, which I personally prefer. The RS3 is available as a slip on but I believe the RS2 is system only and they don't make one in full titanium for the DRZ. The TRS is the only Ti' exhaust (that Yoshi make) for the DRZ and it also give you the biggest gains.

Its designed for the E model (please correct me if I'm wrong there) but it will fit the S and SM.

According to the website the rs2 is not offered for the e model. Only the rs3. Probably could be made to fit tho

What do you mean by different though, just power?? Think we've covered most other things..

Power outputs from the 2 are very similar. The RS3 was an older design and like it has been said the RS2 is the newer shape, which I personally prefer. The RS3 is available as a slip on but I believe the RS2 is system only and they don't make one in full titanium for the DRZ. The TRS is the only Ti' exhaust (that Yoshi make) for the DRZ and it also give you the biggest gains.

Its designed for the E model (please correct me if I'm wrong there) but it will fit the S and SM.

Rode with a friend tonight that installed the RS-2 yesterday. I have another friend with the RS-3 offroad E model pipe, and the RS-2 is noticeably quieter.....but still has a nice tone to it. And it looks better in person than I thought it would. The stickers aren't so bad after all.

Do either of them have the insert in? maybe thats the difference

Rode with a friend tonight that installed the RS-2 yesterday. I have another friend with the RS-3 offroad E model pipe, and the RS-2 is noticeably quieter.....but still has a nice tone to it. And it looks better in person than I thought it would. The stickers aren't so bad after all.

Do either of them have the insert in? maybe thats the difference

Unless you're talking about the core of the exhaust itself, which you may be...I'm new to this, I don't thing the RS-2 has an insert. All it has is the tube running down to the spark arrestor. Is that what you guys are talking about removing? On the RS-2 there's no way to remove it becase the threaded bung that holds the endcap on is welded to the tube with the spark arrestor. :thumbsup:

According to the website the rs2 is not offered for the e model. Only the rs3. Probably could be made to fit tho

Sorry, I was refering to the TRS Ti model not the others.