Drz 400 Sm

I'm going for a street tracker look with my SM. I would like to do a 440 kit, underslung exhaust and remove the middle air box and put on and exposed air filter, that would give me room to move the battery into the big airbox under the seat. I'm hoping to use the FMF muffler I have, turn it on it's side and mount it under the bike towards the right side exhausting out right behind the right foot peg. Any feedback/ideas?

go for it man......all custom job that's all i can say........got time/money?

would be AWESOME if u did it properly..id be so jealous

I have a question since you seem to be doing some mods to your DRZ 400sm, what size and brand tires are you using? I change my rear to a Michelin Road Pilot ct2 150/70-17 and left the front size the same, just went with the Michelin and have totally thrown the handling characteristics off.

its generally better to have matching tyres...front and rear same brand and type as they are suited to eachother

if you have a better gripping tire in the front then back the front will tend to slip more and can lead to dangerous wash outs...

Upgrade the front too!

They are matching both michelin Road Pilot CT2 I just keep the stock size 120/70-17

dual_muffler_suzuki11.jpg
<a  href=th_FT35_002r.jpg' alt='th_FT35_002r.jpg'

Above pic is a ccm flat tracker ft35,made in england.

wow they look awesome

I'm going for a street tracker look with my SM. I would like to do a 440 kit, underslung exhaust and remove the middle air box and put on and exposed air filter, that would give me room to move the battery into the big airbox under the seat. I'm hoping to use the FMF muffler I have, turn it on it's side and mount it under the bike towards the right side exhausting out right behind the right foot peg. Any feedback/ideas?
the airbox is there for a reason.putting on a cone filter will cost you power.the airbox/airboot also doubles for a velocity stack

That is the look I'm going for, though not quite as extreme. Where does the battery go? Gotta move that and the exhaust to open up that area behind the seat. Can't hurt to lower and center those pieces either. thanks for the reply and link.

Haven't made any changes to the rims or tires. I've been happy with the stock ones, seem very sticky.