need a little help from my tt brothers in arms, need to know what states do not title dirt bikes, I was thinkin tennessee but couldn't remember any one know of any :thumbsup:

Michigan doesn't title dirt bikes either (generally).

wisconsin doesn't I'm not sure about IL though.

It is not required in AL. A slow search of used bikes on eBay will result in some answers from the "I don't have a title, becuase it is not required here in the state of ..." sellers.

Texas dosnt require it but it can be done.

When I bought my 98 KX250 new it came with a off road only title or certificate of origin from Kawasaki. You do not need an actual title to transfer ownership of an offroad vehicle in Jersey. I was one of the smart ones that kept track of the "title" for my 98 and gave it back to the dealer when I traded it in on my ZX6R. Most people just hand write out a reciept for used dirtbikes.

Michigan doesn't title dirt bikes either (generally).

Yes they do. We have three that have titles and two of them are plated and street legal, you can even plate a two stroke in Michigan if you want.

well ran into a little snag sellin the bike quite a few greensticker states require them, so going to have to round up a bill of sale for the frame I guess

I think I can get it titled that way, not 100 percent sure though

Look in to what the custom bike (west coast chopper guys) do might can reg it as a ground up build re tag or use the vin on the fame as your own.

Look in to what the custom bike (west coast chopper guys) do might can reg it as a ground up build re tag or use the vin on the fame as your own.

You can't do that because the bike will need to be inspected and the motor vehicle inspector will see the frame is factory. Edit: You also need to be an approved builder I believe. There's a list somewhere on the net of approved motorcycle builders.

Just go to the motor vehicle and ask for a title. You might need to do a pencil transfer on the VIN# or have the bike with you.

Found this: http://dor.mo.gov/mvdl/motorv/forms/108b.pdf

More good reading here about me doing the unthinkable in Washifornia.

I bought a used '03 YZ250 last weekend. It had no title and was never registered anywhere :ride:. Now I have a plate on it:applause: but have to wait three years for the title.:thumbsup:


figured it out can apply for a builder title in Mo then get a vin issued then send in for title, they say 3 to 4 weeks

gota plan fill in the old vin # I will give you a KDX title I have for the frame the motor came out of then you can get a plate scribe the vin # and presto. hell the Chinamen do it all the time.

Nevada doesn't title unless it's street legal.

send it to me matt sounds alot damn easier

hell I will build a nice damn plate and rivet on if ya got it I can use it bud

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By luke8500
      Hi all,
      I have a 2004 Kawasaki kx250 that died suddenly on me the other day. all i can get it to do is backfire every once in awhile. Tested the resistance and everything of the magneto and stator with a multi-meter and all is good.  Coil is new oem Kawasaki the reeds are brand new vforce and the top end and carb have been completely rebuilt.  key on crank is intact and all the timing marks are lined up. I hooked a timing light to it and spun the motor over really fast and found that it is sparking way to late.  The service manual says that it is supposed to fire 14 degrees before TDC but it is sparking way after TDC.  Im thinking its a fried CDI box since its the only thing i wasnt able to check.  Any help would be appreciated
    • By luke8500
      Hi all,
      I have a 2004 kx 250 2 stroke and it wont start.  it only backfires.  I was out riding it one day and came up to a stop so the bike was just idling and it started to try and die so i revved it up a few times then let it die and now it wont start back up.  It only pops or backfires when you kick it.  Its getting good spark and i just put a brand new plug and coil in it. I took the reeds apart and they look like they're brand new.  It was running great before so i dont know what happened.  Im thinking it could be a fuel problem even tho the plug is a little wet if you take it out after a bunch of kicking.  Any help would be greatly appreciated 
    • By Zach121
      Alright, found three bikes all located where i live in Texas. I know they're all very different, but if you could tell me what you think each bike is worth, and which one would be the best deal. Thanks.
      Notes: Both 2 strokes have new top ends. I think the front brake lever is broken on the kawasaki.
      KX250 2002 $800-$1000?

      YZ125 2000 $1250

      KTM 400SX 2002 $1200

    • By Ryan Turner
      So I'm at a bit of a cross roads, I currently own a 06 rm250 and I love it. I also have a 02 kx250 which I'm selling with intent to buy a newer two stroke. I can't afford a newer ktm and the older ones aren't that great and kawasaki never impressed me. so I'm stuck between 06 yz250 and 05 cr250. I've heard the yz and rm after 06 are almost the same bike just the Suzuki handles better and the Yamaha has better suspension. So I'm not sure if I wanna buy carbon copy of my bike with slight differences. That's why I'm interested in a cr250 I heard the 02+ models RC valves are shit garbage but was mostly fixed in the 05-07 models. I ride at a track and at some bogs down the road from me. So from people who have owned both, what would you recommend. I know the cr is known for a hard hitting power band which I enjoy since im an aggressive rider. Should i just see which deal comes my way first.
    • By dirtbikesrule
      If you own a 2 stroke dirtbike,please reply once. Im just wondering how many people on this site have them.