2009 250f

i dunno the stock graphics are real nice..but i wish they took up more of the plastic ... i just like the look of full graphics... and im not intendin to get a 450f or 250f for a long time.. whenever the many flaws are picked out of them i will consider...maybe :thumbsup: ...not much can take me off my pinger

Gani, The manufacturers are doing anything to lose the grams and ounces that make up a motorcycles weight. Depending on graphics, tires and inner tubes, the bike weight can change 5lbs. Yes, its sort of tongue and cheek bs, but a 5lb lighter bike looks great in a brochure. Yamaha saved 300 grams (darn near 3/4 of a pound) specking a crap rear tire on last years yzf 450. God only knows if it saved 25 cents in production> until our attitudes change on weight, were stuck with ultra low coverage graphics.

We were violated with the front 739 for years because it was light and cheap...performance sucked and the bare rim would often work better.

On the other side of the coin, much of out cool, billet parts are heavy. between skid plates and add on bling, 7-10 pounds can be added right back in. Add heavy wheels and spokes and your 220 lb yz 250 is now up to 240.

Me wants some molded in graphic shrouds as soon as they are available.

Just my opinion...feel free to tear it to shreds as I love this type of discussion!

I never ridden a 250f, does it compare in power to our 250's?

Given two riders of equal riding abilities, track or trail who would come out a head if they were racing?

Our 250 2 strokes have a 10 hp advantage on the 4t. Weight is the same as is suspension. In a straight line race, the 250 4 stroke wont stand a chance. In ways they are easy to ride as they feel lighter...removing horsepower always makes a bike handle better.

really, they are a different class of bike. Other than being 250's, they have nothing in common.

the closest comparison i have to this is when i went to a local track a few months ago i met some guys who had cr250's and crf250's. They were a bit less skilled than me but i ended up completely smoking the 250f's where the 250s were just a little behind me.

the closest comparison i have to this is when i went to a local track a few months ago i met some guys who had cr250's and crf250's. They were a bit less skilled than me but i ended up completely smoking the 250f's where the 250s were just a little behind me.

My comparison at the track was that the 125, 250's 2t anf 4t, 450, and even the 65cc's were all waaay faster than me :thumbsup:

Looks like they've got a good chain on it for 2009

maybe our 09 wizzies are all new,or maybe a new engine and plastics i dont want to spoil yamahas party but i have a friend in japan who has seen some very interesting hybrids being riden by some very quick riders, no photos were allowed but my friend has been around the national motox series for a good few years. we will soon know anyway. phily cee

Fingers crossed on a new Yamaha YZ250 with a 125 style motor.

I am sure Yamaha had several "new and improved" prototypes in the wings. A yz125/250 engine would have been the next logical progression. These were probably ready late in 05 or early 06.

With no sign of the new bike at the Japanese Nationals, were screwed. Notice the yzf 250 matches the Japanese National yzf 250.....

If the epa was not so screwed up we may have had a chance at a 250wr 2t, but that's virtually impossible now....My god, even the kdx 200 went bye-bye.

My next bike will be an electric racer with a GIANT whoopee cushion on the seat.

My next bike will be an electric racer with a GIANT whoopee cushion on the seat.

My guess is that the whoopee cushion is to keep that "signature 4-stroke sound"!

Well, no one thought the swingarm and linkage was cool? My interest is peaked and how it will affect the rear and if this change will make it over to the 2t.

Well, no one thought the swingarm and linkage was cool? My interest is peaked and how it will affect the rear and if this change will make it over to the 2t.

That is actually a pretty big design change and I'm pretty sure it will show up on the 450 also. I really would like to think that with the AMA amature rule change that the 250T will start getting some real attention again.

We'll be lucky if they bring out a 250 2-stroke at all.

they will

I would predict that we will see the same changes (body wise) on our 2t's next year, swingarm and linkage included.

The 250 4T seems to get the latest changes and updates so that the people that want the latest and greatest will by them.

If theyput it all on the 2t it might take sales away from the 4t.

Seriously I would expect the large footpegs and any other chassis updates that where new on last years 4ts