1988 CR250 issues...no frame lines up...HELP

I took the sub frame off becasue it was so bent it wouldnt bolt on correctly so i bought a new one and that didnt line up either. clearly this bike was crashed HARD!! Is it worth it to get a new frame? should that work? sorry im in a rush...

Is the subframe that you just purchased used? Are you sure it is straight?

What "screnshaw400" said and also is it an AC Racing Subframe??

If so those are notorious for not lining up correctly.

I would imagine if you do need a replacement frame you probly won't be getting a new one,I believe there around $1200 from Honda. EBay is the way to go!!

Yea I could get a frame for 5$ total haha but i only want to tear her down to that if i have to...im sure the new frame was straight

Exactly how won't it line up ?

If you put the top bolt through how much off are the side bolts ? My 87 CR 125 sub that was perfect had to be bowed in a bit (no big deal) to tuck inbetween the tabs right, otherwise the holes lined right up, was a tight fit though with it being powder coated.

Serious about a 5 dollar frame and if so, why not buy it ? Be so much easier to paint that up in the future and unbolt/clean/rebuild & install parts right back on the fresh frame!

well when i slide the top bolt threw the left side (standing over top of bike) is short by approx 5 in. (so it looks) and i know its the right frame size and all. am i missing something here...?

well when i slide the top bolt threw the left side (standing over top of bike) is short by approx 5 in. (so it looks) and i know its the right frame size and all. am i missing something here...?

I think I'M the one :ride: missing something here ???

So the sub is 5 inches short of meeting the R side mount if you start bolt from left side :thumbsup:

Here, you can explain it better by using the #'s I think ?

This is a 88 CR250 schematic here and the top bolt should be #14 with the special head on it.

2283_FRAME85-89.gif

I am radio592's friend who is selling him the frame. I own JWS Cycles and have a great shape CR500 frame I think its an 86 or something but I know it fits his bike. I gave him the subframe too which was straight as an arrow. I am just giving him the frame for 5 dollars cause thats all its worth scrapped since it didnt sell on ebay. Anyway, I do believe everything will mount up from his bike onto this frame with no issues at all. And my frame is the original 1986 paint never been touched so that just makes his bike even more valuable.

I bolt up #14 bolt and then drop the frame into place and the # 11 bolt is too far from lining up. hope that helps..

that frame is definately bent than kyle. You can come get mine whenever you want I am home all weekend for the most part.

I bolt up #14 bolt and then drop the frame into place and the # 11 bolt is too far from lining up. hope that helps..

:thumbsup: SHORT BY APPROX 5 inches THOUGH ??? :ride:

That much you would just have to notice the whole rear end being cocked, something still doesn't seem quite right but what ever the case it's good Joe is showing concern and taking care of you.

does anyone know if a 1990 cr250 frame will be identical to the 88 frame? ill do a swap?

does anyone know if a 1990 cr250 frame will be identical to the 88 frame? ill do a swap?

85-89 are your choices frame wise , just look it up on here, full parts schematics ..........

http://www.ridemsc.com/fiche_section_detail.asp