My New Drz + Sweet Undertail

Hey all, just thought I'd use my first post to show everyone my new whip. I've been a troll on here for the past few months getting info, and I have to say this is one of the most informative forums I've ever been on. I've been interested in the idea of having a supermoto for some time now, and when I totalled my 05 Gsx-r two months ago by putting it through a fence @ 60 mph, I decided it was time to change my priorities in what I wanted in a bike.

Anyways, here it is...just bought it a 3 weeks ago....2005 with 580 miles, bone stock except for exhaust tip. The previous owner said he'd never gotten it above 50 because he was terrified of motorcycles....which I believed when I saw the chicken strip on the tires that went all the way up to the center of the tread. Now I got it and it, and it's time for this little motard to get what it's had coming to it....(religious maintanance + regular beatings)

Clean pic between thrashings:

f_drz012m_e65489f.jpg

Here was my undertail solution, that lasted ONE day until I got pulled over for it, and got lucky. No ticket, no noticing the regis....well I got really lucky :thumbsup:

f_drz0162m_8288138.jpg

The legal solution. The only part I added was a cheapo undertail bracket my friend gave me for free a while ago for one of my sport bikes

f_drz0012m_dc77335.jpg

Heres a shot of the bent up hardware pieces I found in my garage, very easy to do yourself, and my not look like a show quality set-up, but free (for me) and looks a hell of a lot better than the stock monstrosity. The only way you'll be able to see any of the hardware is if you stick your head up under it anyways.

f_drz0052m_0e2f4e9.jpg

So there it is, I look forward to the future mods, and soon to come is my tek on how I shaved the seat down 1 1/2".