Sign in to follow this  

Bring that shine back!!

If you want shiny, get some Armorall wipes or Turtle wax, but don't put any on your seat, it'll feel like you're going to slide off the back everytime you get on the gas. If you want to remove scratches, I suggest either buying new ones or buying scratch remover, which I have yet to try, but I'll assume it does what it is intended to do.

Try Maxima SC-2. It works great. I use it all the time.

I have also heard that Mop-N-Glo works really well also.

Mop-n-Glo works real well. When you wipe it on, let it dry and wipe on another coat. Repeat as necessary.

i hear if you use a heat gun or somthing the scratches will come out. i dont kno if id trust it( warping plastic) what you guys think?

i hear if you use a heat gun or somthing the scratches will come out. i dont kno if id trust it( warping plastic) what you guys think?

A heat gun won't take scratches out...lol. A heat gun is used to remove the white marks from the plastic. The white marks are caused by the plastic bending.

Mop-n-Glo works real well. When you wipe it on, let it dry and wipe on another coat. Repeat as necessary.

2nd for Mop-N-Glow

I once asked a dealer how they got used bikes looking so good. He said Mop-N-Glow.

Apply when dry in one direction.

One bottle will last for years.

I have heard that Mop-N-Glow is the same as Plastic Renew but alot less in price. I used plastic renew on my girlfriends 2006 TRX 250 EX wich has all black plasctics and it made the platics look better then what they were but i could still see the scratches from the sandpaper which was the recomended 400 grit that plastic renew suggested. So i would recommend plastic renew and it would turn out perfect on lighter color plastics, i would also recommend using maybe 1000 grit sandpaper to get rid of the small scratches and add more of a smooth new shine.

convertable top plastic window products work well, won't get the deep ones out, if too bad you have to replace or live w/ it

never used it but here plastic renew works well.

I bought some of this stuff and I was very unimpressed. In fact I think it made the plastic duller.:thumbsup:

Anything you guys would reccomend to put on before riding to keep your plastics/graphics looking nice and last longer? :thumbsup: I usually use pledge, is there anything better?

A heat gun won't take scratches out...lol. A heat gun is used to remove the white marks from the plastic. The white marks are caused by the plastic bending.

A heat gun can be used to get rid of scratches, though it works to get rid of white marks better. If you heat the plastic up just to the point of melting the scratches will begin to fill themselves in, but it is very easy to go too much and warp the plastic. It works the best on small scratches, really deep ones do not completely disappear by doing this, but they do become less noticeable. Make sure the scratches are completely clean so you don't have dirt in your plastic after you melt it. I have done this on many hand guards and fenders with success, however I have also melted a couple doing so until I figured out exactly how much heat I could apply to get the scratches to melt and not the whole plastic piece. I have found it to be more effective if you let it cool and heat it up to the melting point again a few times instead of trying to get the scratches out all at once.

As for getting shine back, I have found that turtle wax F21 seems to work the best for me, it also helps prevent dirt from sticking, and reduces black boot marks on numberplates.

Mothers aluminum polish actually works very well for flattening out small scratches from boots and things like that.

And to polish the plastics, I also use that Maxima stuff that someone else mentioned. Comes in a aerosol can, and you spray it on, then wipe it off. Works very well!:thumbsup: