New mods and Pics

Header wrap / owner built hwy pegs for 4000 mile trip next month / street tires for 4 k ride / rear swing arm sliders / and TM 40 carb :thumbsup:

100_0868.jpg

100_0873.jpg

100_0889.jpg

100_0892.jpg

100_0893.jpg

100_0891.jpg

100_0887.jpg

100_0872.jpg

By the way 52.66 MPG with tm 40 147.5 main / needle 2nd clip / header grind / owner built mid and tail pipe / 30 lb lighter than stock DR

have you recuced weight any other way than changing the exhaust? Slick looking bike btw!

When you say owner built mid and tail pipe, how did you make the tail pipe and how does it sound?

and also did you make your own rack I like it but it seems kinda tall

I had . I cut it/ welded it to the stock handles / wanted it tall to place rain coat and regular shoes under the rack while everything else rides on top .

Yes weight reduction in many other places / mirrors/ bars / controls / my own brackets in many places made from aluminum / tail light / air box / horn / side stand / switches / electrical removed / rear fender / lighter bolts in low or no stress areas / front fender / tires . Soon to come , lighter head light , seat ,

Pipe is a DRZ 125 stock can modified by me with my own mid pipe . watch video links for sound . made 37 hp with stock carb with my own built jets / modified stock needle .

Not sure what i make now with the TM but its defintly more . Dyno run soon .

My exaust is 4.5 pounds total from can to the end of the mid pipe / much lighter than OE pipe/can

th_100_0805.jpg

th_100_0742.jpg

wow o.o

Nice machine,,,,, Can't seem to see the Skid Plate ?

Even on the street you might want to get one,,,, IMHO....

Nice machine,,,,, Can't seem to see the Skid Plate ?

Even on the street you might want to get one,,,, IMHO....

I am curently building my own plate , but im short on time building my friends bike with him for our trip so since mine is ready to ride the 4 k ride in two weeks i wont tackle that project till i return home .

:ride:

I am curently building my own plate , but im short on time building my friends bike with him for our trip so since mine is ready to ride the 4 k ride in two weeks i wont tackle that project till i return home .
:bonk:

So a few pages back a fella was asking about Street-Ability of a DR....This post should be the 'Here's Your Sign' ....

So how about it human factor of 4 T h o u s a n d Miles :mad:

Is it Leather and boots or more Jimmie Buffet ?

Tight undies to prevent ChaaaaFing:cry: Full face, or Open,,,Smokin' hot Texas BBQ right before the trip,,,,,,,, How you gonna pull this off like your 19 again :thumbsup:

I got a 12K coming up and doing the 'Math' here,,,

Windsheild on the way,tires, and the like...Using a 'Nap Sack' type Indian blanket for a back/butt rest,,gloves :lol:

Very nice c10. Makes me want to go and buy an '08 and set it up just for the street. Thanks for the pictures!

Cheers and good luck on the 4 k.

:ride::bonk:

So a few pages back a fella was asking about Street-Ability of a DR....This post should be the 'Here's Your Sign' ....

So how about it human factor of 4 T h o u s a n d Miles :mad:

Is it Leather and boots or more Jimmie Buffet ?

Tight undies to prevent ChaaaaFing:cry: Full face, or Open,,,Smokin' hot Texas BBQ right before the trip,,,,,,,, How you gonna pull this off like your 19 again :thumbsup:

I got a 12K coming up and doing the 'Math' here,,,

Windsheild on the way,tires, and the like...Using a 'Nap Sack' type Indian blanket for a back/butt rest,,gloves :lol:

Alpinestar tech 3 boots / wrangler jeans commando / mesh jacket with armor / Full face helmet / I may bring my leathers or lowers incase but i wont wear them in the day . May use them for the night time riding .

Im in excelent shape so a 17 hour day in the saddle won't be to bad to me , I pull 3 to 500 days on the weekends i dont have my son's. On both days :lol: The gear in the pic will be a bit warm this time of year espicaly for a long full day ride . The last pic is what i plan on wearing for the ride up and around .3-5-2007-37.jpg

100_0503.jpg

Where are ya at in texas? Nice ride BTW. That track looks familiar. I am in houston.

i am in houston also west side on I-10 send me a pm for a ph # :thumbsup: dual sport ride this weekend two KLR's , DRZ400 and myself on the DR

what did you use for a tail light?

DRZ 250 tail light

Lets get a look at your Mates Bike,,,,

How's it goin' on that for the trip ?

100_0873-1.jpg

Thats a 2002 ZRX1200 with the following a 1224 big bore high compressino kit , cams , head work , FCR39 carbs , 10" over arm , 6 " rear wheel with 200 tire , wave rotors , 170 rear wheel hp off the bottle . / runs low 9's and high 8's on the gas . Best part still street leagel and daily driver . The ZX12 in the background is the real golden one though . More money has been poured into those bikes along with others not in the pics than one could imigine . There is a 200 Hp motor soon to go into that red ZRX soon thats all motor . Stroked 1278 and lightened crank .