acerbis front disk gaurd

hey guys,

I just got a front disk guard, its easy enough to install

i have a 08 wr450

my question is when you take out the spacer it has the dust boot ? how do you get the dust boot off the spacer ?

or do you not, and just go with the seal now?

cheers

Warts

hey guys,

I just got a front disk guard, its easy enough to install

i have a 08 wr450

my question is when you take out the spacer it has the dust boot ? how do you get the dust boot off the spacer ?

or do you not, and just go with the seal now?

cheers

Warts

It pulls right off. The mounting bracket for the Acerbis guard has a spacer built into it which presses into the dust boot. I wouldn't ride the bike without the boot.

for sure,

i just can't get it off thats all.

My bad!! I just went out and checked my bike - I've mounted it up without the stock dust boot/spacer combo. The new spacer is pressed in through the grease seal protecting the bearing. It's been a while since I mounted the guard and I remembered the new spacer going through something protective - turns out it was the grease seal. I Apologize for the mis-information. FWIW, it's been holding up fine so far.

ok,

i was going to say, this morning i got the dust cover off... but its grooved and does not fit the disk cover.

here is a pic of the bearing preload sleeve and the dust cover, notice the goove.

P1010342.jpg

Here is a pic of the Acerbis disk protector. the land is far to big for the dust cover to fit.

P1010343.jpg

thanks for taking the time to relook at your bike!

cheers

Warts