Any tv experts?

I have a curtis matthews 27" i think tv. It was working all dandy but now theres just a small line. as if the tv was smooshed into like a 1" tall tv and the rest wide. Sometimes it has the full screen and most of the time its messed up. Any idea whats wrong or how to fix it?

I would suggest some percussive maintenance.

Its called Horizontal circuit is toast. new TVs much easier to fix for the common man than older ones. Nowadays its an output transistor and a capacitor or two.

Not that I'm a TV repair man but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.:bonk:

When electronics goes wrong.... I just start shot gunning the the most plausible places and see what happens.

The horizontal circuit of a 32 inch Phillips had $12.86 worth of components... Replaced em all and was way money ahead than even an estimate. :ride:

http://www.digikey.com/

For all your electronics needs.:thumbsup:

I have a curtis matthews 27" i think tv. It was working all dandy but now theres just a small line. as if the tv was smooshed into like a 1" tall tv and the rest wide. Sometimes it has the full screen and most of the time its messed up. Any idea whats wrong or how to fix it?

Oh man, I have a 27" proscan that does exactly the same thing. After it warms up for awhile, the full screen comes back but the picture never is very stable.