I went retro, 2005 YZ 250

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I added a Boyesen rad valve and what I think is Scary Fast's old style Power now set up. Holy Sh!!!t. RC, I know you don't think much of the V-Force set up have you tried the Rad valve? I need to pull out the carb inserts a see if they are what is creating the difference. Made for an interesting day today, the front tire wanted to be in the air pretty much anytime I grabbed the throttle in 1st or 2nd gear, 3rd gear is awesome!

I added a Boyesen rad valve and what I think is Scary Fast's old style Power now set up. Holy Sh!!!t. RC, I know you don't think much of the V-Force set up have you tried the Rad valve? I need to pull out the carb inserts a see if they are what is creating the difference. Made for an interesting day today, the front tire wanted to be in the air pretty much anytime I grabbed the throttle in 1st or 2nd gear, 3rd gear is awesome!

I have both the RadValve and Powerwing on the way for my '07. I will probably start with the PowerWing and then add the RV. I have used the RadValve on many YZ250's ('97/'98/'00/'01/'02) and once jetted correctly it added something to each of them. I think the PowerWing is a different from the PowerNow as it is installed in the airboot, whereas the PN was fit into the carb.

Regarding FLU graphics, I love the retro look, bit their products are horrible! I was going to use that kit until I saw a buddies 250F after 2 rides w/one. The seat cover is junk too.! That being said, do a search as I know there are good graphics companies out there that can replicate. I'll stick with FX or One!

Science, I'm not sure if my insert is the Power now set up. It's two pieces of tin that stack on top of each other with tabs that keep them from moving. The guy I bought the Rad valve from and the inserts couldn't remember what company made them. The combo is amazing though, I'm not sure what pipe to go with now that I've dented my Bill's quite badly. I don't want much more bottom end, I may go back to the 49t sprocket if the DEP provides a bunch more bottom punch.

I was not very impressed with the FLU graphics when I first put them on, but all I've ever had to do is hit them with a heat gun on low and they have stayed put. I've replaced the swing arm decals with stock Yamaha ones because they wouldn't stick, and the seat cover has held up surprisingly well.

too much

Your bike looks the absolute nutz m8. If i were you I'd be buying every set of those FLU graphics I could find, keep me going for a few years!

I don't know of any decent white graphics now for the Yami smokers. One industries do 3 really nice white kits but only for the stinking 4 bangers.

Oh Jesus I feel a rant coming on. I'm just so completely over the top with my hatred of 4 strokes.

Smoke time, deep breaths lol!

Keroseen, FLU discontinued them, but I've been searching Ebay for another set.

I have to give props to MXJosh, his bike was the first one I saw with this graphics kit and I had to have it.

Your bike looks awesome now as well Josh.

I have a wicked idea for this winter on a set of custom graphics. I only hope winter is far away!