Sign in to follow this  

Need new speedo

I give up! My trail tech died and want to replace it.

Can't find what the small square speedo (OEM Honda) comes from.

What bike..?Iv'e seen them here.

Don't want the round chrome aftermarket one.

It's funny but I got schwinn bicycle speedo on my xr600. It's more accurate than the stock one. $12 in walmart...

Can't beat the price. .,and has the same functions as trailtech, just no backlit lcd...

Pretty much any Honda speedometer will work. I think it's 2240RPM = 60MPH. As far as I know most Japanese bikes use the same RPM to MPH speedos.

I've seen a few on ebay lately, also one for an NX650, with the tach.

-Joe

Pretty much any Honda speedometer will work. I think it's 2240RPM = 60MPH. As far as I know most Japanese bikes use the same RPM to MPH speedos.

The one i remember only has speed and odo.and a back light. Nothing else.I noticed the L has a row of idiot lights.Not saying i'm no idiot.:thumbsup: Just would like the most compact unit.

Just get an Garmin Etrex GPS and a Ram handlebar mount.

Very accurate speed. Plus GPS, Maps, Odometer, compass

and you can take it off. Use it in the car, trail, etc.

Thats what I did. After I swapped frt end to CR500 USD forks, I had to use a CR frt wheel too, and had to eliminate drive gear dealio for speedo. Since then, I just use my Garmin 60cs w/Ram mount. Im sure the Garmin is waaaay more accurate than the cable driven speedos.

Just get an Garmin Etrex GPS and a Ram handlebar mount.

Very accurate speed. Plus GPS, Maps, Odometer, compass

and you can take it off. Use it in the car, trail, etc.

Have one.

Don't want to use it all the time. I get into some nasty conditions,and don't want to kill it like i did with the trail tech.

Have one.

Don't want to use it all the time. I get into some nasty conditions,and don't want to kill it like i did with the trail tech.

If you are in NASTY conditions, and need to know how fast you are going...You must have some REALLY over aggresive cops where you live working your trails.

Rippers nasty condition speedo is...No adrenilen rush ----> too slow....CRASH ----> too fast...

The Etrex is water proof...drowned my mine many times on the 4 wheeler...no problems yet. Ride inthe rain on the BRP. Got three mounts. One onthe BRP, one on the quad, one inthe car. Pops out of the mount and off i go.

and it takes like 3.756 seconds to pop it out of the RAM mount and put in the back pack.

I give up! My trail tech died and want to replace it.

Can't find what the small square speedo (OEM Honda) comes from.

What bike..?Iv'e seen them here.

Don't want the round chrome aftermarket one.

Like this one?

XRSpeedo.jpg

YA!! THAT'S IT!! :thumbsup::ride: now...do you know where it came from?

Got it from E Bay!

I'll try to remember to remove it today and look for a part number on it. It is a Honda part and it did come in the orginal box that got tossed.

Shoot me a PM for a reminder as for my memmory ain't what it used to be.

• Like 1

Right on!!! I looked up an 85 xl 6oo,it's close..just a little too big, But also kinda spendy 188.00

ScaleJock,

no luck locating a part number on my speedo. Took it off the bike and gave it a good looking over.

If I remember right, I paid < $100 for mine.

Good luck on the search. I'll keep an eye out for one also.....

Just keep an eye on ebay. Use this search

honda speedo*

and you will get a bunch. A lot to look through but you will not miss one since we are not sure of which bike it's from.

I used to have on of those, but it died. Now I'm back to the stock 100 mile odometer with no speedo. I want a speedo again too.

If one dosn't show up soon on flea-bay I'll still use the trail tech if i can get the sensor pic-up and wire harness.(The pic-up was torn off )