URGENT INPUT PLEASE!!!! Dune Question....

Hey everyone. So i have a brand new drz400s and wanted to go with my budddies to the dunes tomorrow for the weekend. I've never been before and I thought i had a paddle tire lined up to borrow from a buddy but it turns out it's not gonna work. I don't have the money to spend on a tire and to get it switched to my rim... or the time.

So my question is this: go without a paddle tire, which i have my stock deathwings on right now.... Or don't go at all?

Would it suck at the oregon dunes without a paddle for a newbie?

Thanks for the info everyone... I need some input for sure

I did not have much fun in the dry sand with my nobbies on. Personally, I wouldn't even try with the deathwings. The dunes around here need a paddle, maybe the sand is moist where you are?

Don't go. Deathwings would be hell in the dunes. Plus you would have that poor thing screaming the whole time.

It's tuff with a good nobby...I have never tried it but my guess would be,you would have a very hard time with the stock death wings.If you do try it just try to air down as much as possible and keep the rev's up

you will have no fun at all. as a newbie it would just end up being a work out. a bramd new aggresive knobbie barely cuts it, let alone trail wings

don't go. and learn how to swap tires yourself.

Not worth the effort of loading the bike. Do something else, enjoy the weekend.

dont do it. go enjoy the bike on the street where those tires shine!

You'll hate it. if you have time go buy some good knobbies and put em on. Should only take about an hour.

dont do it. go enjoy the bike on the street where those tires shine!

Brand new bike? Ride the street and do the Motoman break-in instead.

Brand new bike? Ride the street and do the Motoman break-in instead.

+2:thumbsup: