Sign in to follow this  

Edge tail light kit/WR250 R/X

I read the description on your site, but I'm confused. Does it come with blinkers and blinker stays or just blinker stays? If it doesn't come with blinkers, then why is it 26 dollars more than the DRZ kit?

Yes, what does it all come with? Turnsignals extra? Which ones?

You have to order the turn signals seperately.

Mine just came in the mail yesterday.

DRC has three turn signal options you can use with the

tail light kit, The 591's, 592's and 601's

MBtUugyh0ngAAByxj1sAAAAS-33323.jpg Type 601

I went with the 601's for mine.

Do you need the IC Relays for the turnsignals to function properly?

Also, the 602 series,orange,smoke or clear. The blinkers will operate fine,if you do not mind a quicker flashing rate. If it is an issue, we have in-line resistors or an IC relay. The relay will do all 4 blinkers. I personally like the quicker flash rate, attracts attention!

t2TCzjwyh0ngAAByujV0AAAAJ-58350.jpg

scottmac, please post up pics when you've gotten everything installed. I've got to do something with the rear of my X. The cascade of plastic is so ugly.

Here are two pics of the DRZ version Edge kit with 601's.

IMG_0495-1.jpg

IMG_0494-1.jpg

Thanks for the pictures. It's a sweet looking kit. Do you think you are sacrificing any street visibility by removing the big and bright oem taillight?

How does the "brightness" compare? So far I've spent as much time on road as off and am a bit concerned about becoming roadkill.

Thanks,

L.J.

Do you think you are sacrificing any street visibility by removing the big and bright oem taillight?

How does the "brightness" compare? So far I've spent as much time on road as off and am a bit concerned about becoming roadkill.

Certainly there is less "surface area" with the Edge kit versus the stock tail light and flasher setup. That said, seems to me to be bright (they are LEDs) and stand out at night.

I ride 80% dirt and 20% street (to get to the dirt) and almost never at night. So I am less concerned about this issue ... but if you ride a lot of street (say you commute to work on this bike) then you should think about opting for a greatly reduced tail light footprint for braking and flashers.

I believe I have seen a few Supermoto WR's going with the DRC kit (or other similar smaller LED footprint) so maybe the guys that are always on the street should comment here as well.

Here are two pics of the DRZ version Edge kit with 601's.

IMG_0495-1.jpg

IMG_0494-1.jpg

Gargoyle - How come the picture in the first post has the rear tail light tucked up under the fender. It looks like yours is down a couple of inches? Did you fit the DRZ version? Possibly it's a difference in the rear sub frame. I know that looking at the Japanese WRR's the tail lights are smaller and tucked under the fender.

Gargoyle - How come the picture in the first post has the rear tail light tucked up under the fender. It looks like yours is down a couple of inches? Did you fit the DRZ version? Possibly it's a difference in the rear sub frame. I know that looking at the Japanese WRR's the tail lights are smaller and tucked under the fender.
Good question. I am really not sure. Here is the pic of the WR Edge kit.

attachment.php?attachmentid=7918&d=1211512697

I couldn't wait for the WR kit to come out :-) so I ordered the Suzuki DRZ version and drilled a couple holes on the mounting plate to secure it. It fits well ... but not perfect.

I have only seen the above picture of the WR Edge kit ... and it looks to me that there is an additional mounting bracket that fits perfectly up under the WR frame.

My goal this weekend is to get my DRC kit installed.

I'll take pics as I go and post them up for you guys to

see what's up.