Sign in to follow this  

Street legal 07 WR250F?

Im thinking of making my 07 WR250F street legal. I would like to be able to do about 50-60mph w/o turning high RPMs. The stock garing is 13-50. Anybody have any suggestions please?

Also my riding style is medium pace trail riding- single track, atv trails ect. NOT RACING. I know this is beating a dead horse but can I get more hrs on the enging w/o the frequent valve checks you guys have posted about? Does the engine sound different when its due or do I have to just go off HRs?

Thanke for any info.:thumbsup:

Im thinking of making my 07 WR250F street legal. I would like to be able to do about 50-60mph w/o turning high RPMs. The stock garing is 13-50. Anybody have any suggestions please?

Also my riding style is medium pace trail riding- single track, atv trails ect. NOT RACING. I know this is beating a dead horse but can I get more hrs on the enging w/o the frequent valve checks you guys have posted about? Does the engine sound different when its due or do I have to just go off HRs?

dude, there is no way.

my car is geared to go 160 mph and hits 6500 redline

your bike is geared to go 80 mph and hits 13500 redline

my car sits at 3 grand doing 70, 3500 doing 80, 2500 doing 60

your bike, will most likely be around 12000 doing 70, so about 10500 at around 60

my bike with the tallest gearing will be able to do 107, if you want to be able to hit the rpm my car does, you will need to gear it twice as high, 320mph because you have 2x the rpms

I have a tachometer on my bike, and going 31mph, in 5th, my bike sits at 4500. its just not economical

dude, there is no way.

my car is geared to go 160 mph and hits 6500 redline

your bike is geared to go 80 mph and hits 13500 redline

my car sits at 3 grand doing 70, 3500 doing 80, 2500 doing 60

your bike, will most likely be around 12000 doing 70, so about 10500 at around 60

my bike with the tallest gearing will be able to do 107, if you want to be able to hit the rpm my car does, you will need to gear it twice as high, 320mph because you have 2x the rpms

I have a tachometer on my bike, and going 31mph, in 5th, my bike sits at 4500. its just not economical

4500 rpm at 31mph, in 5th, WOW! Id better keep my dual sport bike.

I have an 03 250f that is plated. Stock sprockets on it are 13-52. I switched to a front 14 tooth. If I remember correctly I'm sitting at 7k rpm at 55mph. Seems like it is reving high, but really not even near the limiter. I've hit higher speeds, but don't really like running at them for anything more than passing. This setup works okay for offroad too since I don't ride it all that fast, but I'm thinking of going to 13-50 for offroad like yours is since that is about in the middle of the two I've tried. Then the 14 tooth front if I know I'll be doing a lot of pavement/dirt road. That might be a little high geared though, but I won't know until I try it.

Just follow the manual on checking the valves and keep them shimmed in spec. Check more frequently once you start to have to change them.