Sign in to follow this  

need a favor from an 08 690 smc owner in europe

i need the part number for the piece below the tail/brake light and the license plate light from a european model. ktm calls it "NUMBER PLATE CARRIER TOP".

i just found out that the U.S. version of this bike comes with the huge ugly tail light and not the small little "euro" led tail light. i would like to convert it over and apparently you need the tail light and that bracket as well.

i would really really appreciate it.

it's going to look like this...

fiche.gif

manualpicoftaillight.jpg

help me make ours look like this....

thewayitshouldlook.jpg

mcjasonb

you are on the right track my man......as it ships the left rear turn cignal is like an inch away from the exhaust outlet and is getting roasted. The bike is worth the wait and will get great with some minor tweaks!!!

mcjasonb

you are on the right track my man......as it ships the left rear turn cignal is like an inch away from the exhaust outlet and is getting roasted. The bike is worth the wait and will get great with some minor tweaks!!!

hmmmm... that really does not sound good at all. of course they can keep warrantying signals again and again but what are they going to do to really fix the problem? what can really be done thats simple?

??? Trying to be optamistic here. Maybe some mini LED cignals would do the trick? The stockers stick out 2-3 inches and using a mini might pull it back enough to get it out of the way?

We will have to see what KTM USA says about this little setback.

??? Trying to be optamistic here. Maybe some mini LED cignals would do the trick? The stockers stick out 2-3 inches and using a mini might pull it back enough to get it out of the way?

We will have to see what KTM USA says about this little setback.

is it the heat from the muffler rising to the bottom of the signal or is it the actual exhaust heat coming out of the muffler melting it?