06 pt cruiser

Not really a bike hauler question, but.... My wife has her eye on a 06 pt cruiser and before she hauls off and buys it:foul: I was wondering if anyone has experience with them or knows about them. I'm particularly interrested in quality and longevity. don't need something nickel and diming me to death.

thanks!

they are neons

that bad,huh?

not bad, just an economy car

I'm particularly interrested in quality and longevity. don't need something nickel and diming me to death.

It’s an inexpensive small economy car built by Chrysler…don't expect much when it comes to quality and longevity.

It’s an inexpensive small economy car built by Chrysler…don't expect much when it comes to quality and longevity.

what that guy said :thumbsup:

My mother has been driving one since they were introduced. She hasn't had any serious issues with it. Last fall she had to replace the front CV joints (75000 km approx). The steel window inserts have been replaced under warranty due to discolouration - but the new ones faded too. Other that that just regular service.

Chrysler really blew a chance to make a really cool car-RWD, small V8, etc.

Instead they chose to re-make the minivan.:thumbsup:

Still, it's an OK vehicle for a minivan that doesn't look like a minivan.

Chrysler really blew a chance to make a really cool car-RWD, small V8, etc.

Instead they chose to re-make the minivan.:thumbsup:

Still, it's an OK vehicle for a minivan that doesn't look like a minivan.

My thoughts exactly...when i heard they were brining back the "panel wagon" i thought it'd be a bigger version with a bigger motor!

I've yet to have a cunstomer tell me those i've sold them are no good...

thiers a couple neon drivers here at work, some with close to 200K,, (all freeway)

alright guys thanks. :thumbsup:

I think I'll let her go ahead and get it if they'll agree to trade straight across for her montana mini van.it sounds like they are going to, I just didn't want to blow it cuz the montana has been good to her.

thanks again!

yikes I would run not walk from the montana into the pt.

yikes I would run not walk from the montana into the pt.

well, the montana has about 80,000 mi and the pt has 20,000.....plus she's tired of driving a mini van. I think she's having a mid life crises or something lol

My boss's wife has one. I think everything has been replaced except the radiator cap. Its a real crap-wagon.

Good luck if you get it. I'd probably keep the mini-van if I where you.

Hey now my bro has one manual 4 cyl.

He has not had any problems with it.

He says the mileage sucks. I would recommend that you rent one for a couple of days. Check the mileage and see if you can live with it.

I have an 06 and It's a nice car and they are very dependable. I traded my 02 cruiser in for it. If I had to do it over again, I would have kept the 02 because I think it was an all around better vehicle. I don't like like the redesigned interior (seats are not very comfortable) and I don't think it handles as well as the older model. My advice would be to test drive it and see what you think. If you can find a low mile pre-2005 model, I would highly recommend it.

Its a real crap-wagon.

Piece of Turd Cruiser? :thumbsup:

Piece of Turd Cruiser? :thumbsup:

We nick named it, Piece of Trash Cruiser....lol.

Something that small and gutless should be getting more than 19city/26mpg Just my humble opinion

Heard of head gasket problems, poor mpg, and general low quality, basically a neon platform, many call it a TP cruiser. Mike