Jetting or Oil Miixture?

I have a 2007 Suzuki RM125. I have alot of excess oil coming out of my silencer. It runs out and down my silencer to the where it ends and drips all over my swingarm, brakes, etc. I am mixing the gas to the manual specifications which is 30:1. I am a trail rider and I don't rev the bike out as much as a racer would (is this the problem?). My current jetting (stock) for a Mikuni TMX38S carb is a 370 main jet, 42.5 pilot jet, needle clip position 3, and air screw 2 turns out. I think that I might be mixing too much oil in the gas, due to the fact that I'm not revving the bike out so it doesn't really need all that oil. I was thinking about mixing it 40:1, but I am not sure if jetting would be an issue after changing the oil mixture. I am at about 500-1000 feet elevation (depending where I ride) and at 65 degrees F or about 18 degrees centigrade. Can you help me out?

Change your jetting, not your mixture, start with your pilot and drop it 1 step and reset your airscrew accordingly, then move to the needle and the main. Your not going to hurt anything, unless you make drastic changes

Spooge is more of a byproduct of not generateing enough heat

Let me also say that when the bike is in the high rpm's for 10-15 minutes straight, no spooge comes out of the silencer. When I ride trails, though, it pours out.

Let me also say that when the bike is in the high rpm's for 10-15 minutes straight, no spooge comes out of the silencer. When I ride trails, though, it pours out.

My bike did not spooge when run hard but would when i was on the trails, i rejetted and it got better then i bought the JD kit and it got even better. Make sure you change out your silencer packing before you start jetting, mine was soaked with residual oil( to the point i could wring it out) so it looked like i was still getting spooge

I just got my carb back today and swapped out the 370 main for a 360. I also tweaked the air screw a bit. I seem to have alot less spooge coming out, but it is still there. I would say I eliminated the spooge by 60%. I think I just need to ride it harder and it will be fine.

Bump... One question though... It doesn't smoke at low rpm's, but if it has been idling for a little bit (15-20 seconds) and I rev the bike, it produces heavy smoke in the high rpm's. No smoke when it is constantly run at high or low rpm's though. Is this okay?

Bump... One question though... It doesn't smoke at low rpm's, but if it has been idling for a little bit (15-20 seconds) and I rev the bike, it produces heavy smoke in the high rpm's. No smoke when it is constantly run at high or low rpm's though. Is this okay?

Yes:thumbsup: