Teraflex type 1 Anyone?

Yes I've searched, but most info is for the type 2, and others were thinking of type 1, but little reviews.

Can anyone report on how they ride? I'm converting an e to street legal, want a DOT tire, but plan to ride almost all dirt.

The 2 seems like too much rubber for me, I'm leaning towards the 1. Anyone?

Thanks.

I have not heard decent reports about the Type 1 in general.

I have the type 2, love the tire. Not too much meat really. It is awesome in mud and general sloppy conditions. If you are on VERY large smooth rocks, not the best tire....

I have one on my "offroad" E model...

Been to the local riding area about 5 times on it...

Hardpack, mud, sand and tree roots...no rocks...

Still looks brand new...

Never had it on the street...

I did balance it in case I need to put it on my S model...

I have one on my "offroad" E model...

Been to the local riding area about 5 times on it...

Hardpack, mud, sand and tree roots...no rocks...

Still looks brand new...

Never had it on the street...

I did balance it in case I need to put it on my S model...

I had mine balanced and have had it going 70 on the road. Not nearly as bad as a ride as the tires looks like it would be. It took about 5 min to get used to and remember there is not a lot of rubber touching the street but it works pretty well for such a mean tire.

The other thing about that tire that no one mentioned in this thread is that it will through basically gold ball sized chunks of what ever you are riding in behind you when you start ripping in and out the trails.... So watch the guys behind you. If its mud, just turn around and laugh a few times.... :thumbsup:

I put the smaller size one on my plated E before going to Mexico this year. It slides around a little on pavement, worked just fine on gravel and rough roads. We ended up riding more pavement than we had planned (ran into deep snow in the mountains) so the tire wore quite a bit, but certainly no worse than my buddies tires. It's a fine tire, and one of the most aggressive DOT legal knobbies you can buy.

I tried the type1 and didnt have good results with it. I dont know if i got a bad one or tire pressure was an issue but after only about 60 miles on the road the knobbies started ripping apart. I didnt keep the tire long before I decided to put another new type 2 on.

I put the smaller size one on my plated E before going to Mexico this year. It slides around a little on pavement, worked just fine on gravel and rough roads. .

I have a plated E with the Tera1. My bike kinda walks around on the road and I am not sure if its the Tera or the MT16 on the front. I might have too much tire pressure, I have read where some with the Big Tera run as little as 5psi.

Those of you with the 1, what tire pressure are you running?

I have a plated E with the Tera1. My bike kinda walks around on the road and I am not sure if its the Tera or the MT16 on the front. I might have too much tire pressure, I have read where some with the Big Tera run as little as 5psi.

Those of you with the 1, what tire pressure are you running?

The designer of the tire told me he runs 4-5 for off-road and maybe 10 on road. The big one (Teraflex 2) is meant to be able to ride the bike out on a flat.

I've got 6psi in my big terrorflex. It's also got about 7k miles! Yes, it's nearly bald in the middle, but it still hooks up pretty well, & i'm determined to get the most out of this tire! It corners good, anyway. :thumbsup:

This is a great tire, & i'll put in another. Good on dirt, pavement, mud, rocks, whatever.