Idaho ISDE qualifier-anyone going?

So anyone from the board going next weekend? It's the event the XC300 was made for, I can't wait.

Should be perfect weather.

This will be my first attempt at the E4 class as I turn 40 next week. Those old guys haul arse though.

So anyone from the board going next weekend? It's the event the XC300 was made for, I can't wait.

Should be perfect weather.

This will be my first attempt at the E4 class as I turn 40 next week. Those old guys haul arse though.

Isn't that e5?

I'm racing sr A, on my 200, since that's the even the 200 was made for.

Isn't that e5?

Not unless I get a major operation in the next couple days to fit into the womens class.
Not unless I get a major operation in the next couple days to fit into the womens class.

oops. reading is hard. lol.

I guess it's Non-LOI class 5A that I'm in, so you must be riding LOI. Good luck. The last couple years that's been a tough class. Before that my test times looked fairly close to qualifying. I'm pretty much just trailriding (briskly) this year, due to nagging injuries that I don't want to make worse.

oops. reading is hard. lol.

I guess it's Non-LOI class 5A that I'm in, so you must be riding LOI. Good luck. The last couple years that's been a tough class. Before that my test times looked fairly close to qualifying. I'm pretty much just trailriding (briskly) this year, due to nagging injuries that I don't want to make worse.

Yep, there's a whole host of fast guys in that class, I'll be happy to keep the trail pace.

Should be great riding conditions this year.

How do you qualify for the ISDE? Do you have to Bronze? Anyone carpooling?

How do you qualify for the ISDE? Do you have to Bronze? Anyone carpooling?

i am wondering the same thing..how do you qualify

I contacted Boise Ridge Riders and they don't know what you have to do to qualify. You have to write a Letter of Intent to the AMA. I guess they decide.

To late to try this year.

A Letter of Intent (LOI) and $75.00 fee is required from each rider who wishes to qualify for Team USA. The LOI and fee must be received by the AMA prior to the first qualifier entered by the rider.

The riders who earn a qualified position on the team to represent the United States in the 2008 ISDE must confirm with the AMA their ability to attend the ISDE by June 8, 2008. The 2008 ISDE team will be announced as early as possible after that date.

You must ride both days of a qualifier to receive a score. Scores from each day will be combined for your event score. FIM ISDE type evaluation or eval scoring will be used at ISDE Qualifiers, the class leader will receive a “0” score and everyone else will get a “0+” score based upon how many seconds they are behind the leader. To be eligible, you need receive a score from only one Qualifier. If you ride both qualifiers, your best score will be used.

The FIM requires that the six (6) member Trophy team have entries in all three (3) Displacement class. The four (4) member Junior trophy team must have riders in at least two (2) displacement classes and is open to riders who are under 23 years of age at January 1 of the year of the event. Three (3) member Women’s Trophy Team – pending 2008 FIM Rules.

Junior, Trophy and Women’s teams are selected by the ISDE Advisory Committee based on a rider’s Qualifier score, national or international standings for similar type competition, and/or prior ISDE experience. Any or all of these conditions will be considered for team placement with Qualifier scores the most important factor.

The Club teams will be selected based on the rider’s best qualifier score. Up to two (2) positions of the Club teams may be selected by the ISDE Advisory Committee. The remainder of the open positions will be selected based on the qualifying process below.

Riders will be eligible to participate on only one team. The qualifying riders will move up to the next qualifying position in the selection process as slots become available. For the purposes of qualifying, the three (3) FIM displacement classes will be used to determine eligibility. For Women (pending 2008 FIM rules) and Senior classes any displacement size may qualify.

The top six (6) finishing (lowest eval score) riders in each displacement class will be selected for the Club teams.

The top three (3) Senior riders, based on the best overall eval finish, 40 years of age as of the date of the event will serve as Senior Club team members.

The class that you qualify in is the class you will ride in at the ISDE if you are selected for the team.

Class 1

100cc – 125cc – 2 stroke

175cc – 250cc – 4 stroke

Class 2

175cc – 250cc – 2 stroke

290cc – 450cc – 4 stroke

Class 3

290cc – 500cc – 2 stroke

475cc – 650cc – 4 stroke

Class 4

Senior (any size machine)

Class 5

Women’s (any size machine, pending 2008 FIM rules)

I contacted Boise Ridge Riders and they don't know what you have to do to qualify. You have to write a Letter of Intent to the AMA. I guess they decide.

To late to try this year.

I wish it was just as easy as writing a letter.

There's also 125 miles of trails on the first day to navigate. Then you do the whole thing backwards the next day. Very interesting try to accelerate on the braking bumps from the previous day.

Best of luck Tony!!!! Go get em' :thumbsup:

Just don't slow down.

Best of luck Tony!!!! Go get em' :thumbsup:

Where have you been lurking? You still riding? Start training for Idaho today, you got 2 solid days to get ready.

Perfect weather...only about 30 degrees cooler than last year and some mid week rain thrown in:thumbsup:

Good luck...I'm pissed I'll miss it this year:banghead:

I'm racing sr A, on my 200, since that's the even the 200 was made for.

So how'd you do? What number were you?( I was on 24A) I should have ridden womens C class on Sunday, that way I could have had a chance at a good finish. I hit at least 12 trees and couldn't get my head in the game.

I had a good day on Sat. Stayed on time for all but 1 of the route checks and felt good in the specials.

I rode in, on, and around all the girls from the the US team from last year. They haul arse, are very cool to ride with, and have my total respect.

A bunch of KTMs up there. More 2 strokes than 4:applause: .

So how'd you do? What number were you?( I was on 24A) I should have ridden womens C class on Sunday, that way I could have had a chance at a good finish. I hit at least 12 trees and couldn't get my head in the game.

:thumbsup:

I was 45A. I rode like someone that took the winter off with a broken collarbone and only just started riding again last week. Finished mid-pack in A's, and was tired afterwards. Took 1 route minute at the last check sat (by 4-5 seconds) and 1 route minute at the first check sunday (again by 4-5 seconds, partly because the section was 2 miles longer than announced). All in all, I think I suck less than I used to, and I know where my first priorities are for improvement.

I am not going to be able to make it to the race. I have my Saturday spot that I can sell to anyone wishing to ride but missed the sign up.