Sign in to follow this  

ti pipe clearance with radiator

While checking the valves on my 470 I noticed that the ti pipe is now in contact with the radiator and has caused some pitting in the radiator. There was also a little coolant on the pipe and surrounding area and I do not believe that the leak is coming from some where else (ie I believe it is coming from the point in contact with the pipe). Is it possible to weld the hole and space off the header? What material is the radiator? Origninally the header was in contact with the unabiker radiator guards, but I trimmed down the support (as you can see in the picture below) to clear the pipe. . . unfortunately the radiator then came in contact with the pipe.

Any ideas on the best way to proceed from here?

300048876_6LWHZ-M-0.jpg

Thanks for the link Ed, that was a tricky thread title in the link. Guess I will bang on the radiator and see if I can get it back a bit. Do you have any suggestions if the radiator is indeed leaking from the contact point?

Thanks for the link Ed, that was a tricky thread title in the link. Guess I will bang on the radiator and see if I can get it back a bit. Do you have any suggestions if the radiator is indeed leaking from the contact point?

The Rad is aluminum. If all it needs is a simple hole in the tank fixed, Any competent automotive radiator repair facility can fit that. If it is worse than it looks in the pic, or you do not have a local place you can trust send it to Meyer's Motorcycle Aluminum Radiator Repair

It's not too bad. The hole is fairly deep, but I just want to make sure that it doesn't get any worse and explode coolant all over me.