Sign in to follow this  

Nevada DMV doesnt issue OR Titles anymore!?

Bought a used WR250 at the local shop last October. They sent me a letter stating that the NV DMV no longer issues titles for off road vehicles! They did attach other paperwork but its not a "Title". I went to the DMV and sure enough "they havent issued titles for off road vehicles for 3 years". WTH! This is going to be interesting when the day comes to sell it. Anyone else having this issue? Are other states doing this?

Probably why the prices on these great bikes are getting so low . Still plateable here in AZ but for how long? Made the move to 2 street legal bikes a while back, Husky TE 250 & Honda xr 650L, didn't want to have to deal with recalled plates as in CA or other DMV problems. Sad scenero but unfortunately a sign of our times. I am sure the shop that sold you the bike just happened to forget to mention this to you when they sold you the bike!

Probably why the prices on these great bikes are getting so low . Still plateable here in AZ but for how long? Made the move to 2 street legal bikes a while back, Husky TE 250 & Honda xr 650L, didn't want to have to deal with recalled plates as in CA or other DMV problems. Sad scenero but unfortunately a sign of our times. I am sure the shop that sold you the bike just happened to forget to mention this to you when they sold you the bike!

Tom, I think he is referring to just titling it, not registering it for the street. DAVCON, In AZ you can title a bike that is not street legal, as a title is just a document of ownership. There was a similar thread here about a month ago, do a search if interested....

I think in CA you can't even get off road Red or Green sticker with out a title?

I bought a brand new "05" RMZ450 and last year I bought an "07" RM250. My son bought a brand new "04" CRF250R when I bought my RMZ in "05" and all of them came with titles.

I may be wrong, but I think the plan is you'll get a title when/if we ever get ohv stickers and you register them.

I bought a brand new "05" RMZ450 and last year I bought an "07" RM250. My son bought a brand new "04" CRF250R when I bought my RMZ in "05" and all of them came with titles.

Yea, we bought 2 '03 TTR-125's from a private party in Dec '06 and the titles arrived postmarked Jan 07. Maybe because the former owner had titles? Weird!