Reiter Trails

I've recently moved to WA from Long Beach, CA and I'm looking for Dual Sport Rides in the Northwest (close to Everett) any suggestions?

Also does anyone know about the following routes:

Ellensburg - Wenatchee (90% dirt roads/trails may 10%road)

Stevens Pass to Leavenworth (90% dirt roads/trails may 10%road)

I'm fairly new to offroad riding (2007 KTM 450 EXC) and looking people to ride with, I can usually get a kitchen pass.

I'm riding Reiter or Walker Valley Saturday Morning around 8:00, which is better?

Personally, I like Walker better, Reiter has it's moments, but gets old IMHO. If you're from SoCal, I suspect the day at Walker will be a learning one. NWet woods is a far cry from the dez.

Have Fun!

Thanks, my bike is set up for desert riding (clean and waxed), I'm still trying to sort out the right tires (Dunlop D606s) for here.

Thanks, my bike is set up for desert riding (clean and waxed), I'm still trying to sort out the right tires (Dunlop D606s) for here.

I know a lot of guys that run the 606s on thier Dual Sports and like them for the terrain around here. Do you have a good skid plate on your bike? You will want one if you plan on riding Rieter and Walker much. Case protection is critical especially at Rieter.

PS: We have a pretty good sized group of Dual Sport riders up in Bellingham. Some of them actually live down around Everett and Lake Stevens.

http://groups.msn.com/BellinghamDualSportRiders

The bike is a tribute to Enduro Engineering, very covered, rocks at 50+ in the case ruin a good day. Yesterday someone recommended a trials tires?

The bike is a tribute to Enduro Engineering, very covered, rocks at 50+ in the case ruin a good day. Yesterday someone recommended a trials tires?

If you can hit 50+ at Rieter or Walker you're a damn good rider! Trials tires are great for the types of trails we have around here. The only problem with them on a Dual Sport is that they wear like erasers on the pavement.

Quick Clarify - 50+ in the SoCal Deserts

Thanks, my bike is set up for desert riding

You may want to consider changing sprockets.

Low gear is your friend at Walker and Reiter.

Quick Clarify - 50+ in the SoCal Deserts

50 mph

Thanks, for all the input(13,49 sprockets, Tires), are there any other resources besides nmaoffroad for riding locations in the Seattle area?

Thanks, for all the input(13,49 sprockets, Tires), are there any other resources besides nmaoffroad for riding locations in the Seattle area?

Your have the best resource right here on TT... Check out the Where to ride section and click Washington. Welcome to the PNW.

I rode Walker Valley, Saturday morning for a few hours, sunny and very nice. I have a whole different level of respect for northwest riders after riding in the tree and the mud. SoCal (for the most part) isn't as tight, muddy, or technical, just fast hard desert. Anybody have any tire recommendations, my d606 just couldn't seem to stay gripped to the mud and slippery roots. Riding there got me fired up to explore more, I'm thinking of riding Reiter on Monday, the hour drive to Walker Valley is tough. If anyone is looking for someone to ride with, let me know. I'm slow, but working hard to get better. Thanks again, jb

Spring Goat...I'm on my 2nd season of riding. Do you want to meet up at Reiter on any day Tuesday through Friday? I can be up there as early as 9:15AM'ish. I'll let you try my bike with a trials tire...you might like it!

David

Spring Goat...I'm on my 2nd season of riding. Do you want to meet up at Reiter on any day Tuesday through Friday? I can be up there as early as 9:15AM'ish. I'll let you try my bike with a trials tire...you might like it!

David

Thanks, midweek is pretty tough, this is my second season as well.

Do you want to ride Reiter early Monday morning?

Anybody have any tire recommendations, my d606 just couldn't seem to stay gripped to the mud and slippery roots.

I'm currently on a very worn D606 and I'm still am happy with the grip (aka it's not worth the money yet to replace it). My one complaint about the D606 is that it slips alot on rock faces compared to a Pirelli MT21.

However, I did have the Kenda K776 Trakmaster II which is a DOT tire that is Great in mud and soft stuff. Loud and floppy on the street but it works great in the dirt.

Do you want to ride Reiter early Monday morning?

Yeah, that sounds great, I can only spare a few hours, what time are you thinking? Earlier the better, but let me know.

Does 8AM sound alright? I can do a little earlier if you need. How long do you want to ride? 11AM? 12PM? I'll PM you my info.

David

John...were you able to meet up with the other 2 guys? Sorry about that! Hopefully, Tasky's can find the problem with my bike sooner than later.

David