Phoenix Weather Right now

If you aint workin today,

and not heading out to ride,

You are a moron.

What is with this weather? Unbelievable. I am glad I did not plan the cinders trip for this weekend. a HIGH of 43 up there today, and 49 tomorrow. Would not have been fun......Get out and ride! I am heading to Vegas this weekend with my wife, so I ain't gonna. Have fun.

I am a moron. But not by choice.

Yeah, this weather is super primo fantastic riding weather! Have fun on the trails this weekend. Or in Vegas!

Todays weather is light with scattered dark towards evening. Becoming mostly dark overnight.

Todays weather is light with scattered dark towards evening. Becoming mostly dark overnight.

I heard overcast & sunny, with a dry drizzle:busted:

Well, i'm kinda working, so do i lose the moron label? It's raining up in the verde valley. Very unusual weather for late may. I thought summer was on us for sure early this week, then we get this nice break. I've got some roofs to work on, so the weather is welcome, if it will stop raining!

I am postponing the Forest Lakes trip to ride down here this weekend. Crown King run this afternoon, Sycamore manana, and MM's on Sunday!,Sunday!, Sunday!

story of my life. well, not really. But I'm also out of pocket for riding this weekend. I'll be in denver. Even worse, friends I could normally scam a ride on their buddy bikes are out of town. I didn't want to ride in the forest at 11,000 feet anyway.

absolutely amazing:banghead:

Monday the high was a record setting 110F:thumbsdn:

AND

Today on Friday of the same week, it's currently 60F

yessirree folks.....that is a TRUE STATEMENT here in Phoenix AZ:p

Al Gore WHERE ARE YOU:p

HappyRiding !!

:thumbsup::ride:

Put in 38 miles this am at Syc Creek.....traction and trails were EPIC. Can't wait to hit them again tomorrow.

Put in 38 miles this am at Syc Creek.....traction and trails were EPIC. Can't wait to hit them again tomorrow.

Good for you Brett. I bet it was incredible. Much water flowing? Did you head to Mesquite and under?

Good for you Brett. I bet it was incredible. Much water flowing? Did you head to Mesquite and under?

Nope, but Mesquite had water in it 2 weekends ago.........we did cattle guard to that ridgeline trail that runs to lower syc then ran that jeep road that went wayyyyyyy back almost to the reservation........across the river and jeep trails to 2 gate to Otero tank then on that jeep trail to Syc Springs across sheeps crossing back to the ridgeline road to cattle guard to the trucks. Hitting corners 5th gear pinned in sand washes gives me the warm and fuzzy feeling :ride:

I want to go to Mesquite to see if water is running tomorrow. Lower had no water where we were at but like I said we were almost on Reservation land.

BTW I am glad we didn't go to the Cinders this weekend :thumbsup: :

Today

Snow...rain and isolated thunderstorms. Snow accumulation 2 to 4 inches. Snow level 7000 feet. Highs 40 to 48. Light winds becoming south around 15 mph in the late morning and afternoon.

Tonight

Snow and rain likely. Snow accumulation 2 to 4 inches. Snow level 7000 feet. Lows 28 to 34. Southwest winds around 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Saturday

Not as cool. Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain and snow showers. Snow accumulation up to 1 inch. Snow level 7500 feet. Highs 47 to 55. South winds 15 to 20 mph.

Saturday Night

Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain and snow showers. Snow level 8500 feet. Lows 26 to 34. Southwest winds around 15 mph with gusts to around 30 mph in the evening becoming light.

BTW I am glad we didn't go to the Cinders this weekend :thumbsup: :

Today

Snow...rain and isolated thunderstorms. Snow accumulation 2 to 4 inches. Snow level 7000 feet. Highs 40 to 48. Light winds becoming south around 15 mph in the late morning and afternoon.

Tonight

Snow and rain likely. Snow accumulation 2 to 4 inches. Snow level 7000 feet. Lows 28 to 34. Southwest winds around 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Saturday

Not as cool. Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain and snow showers. Snow accumulation up to 1 inch. Snow level 7500 feet. Highs 47 to 55. South winds 15 to 20 mph.

Saturday Night

Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain and snow showers. Snow level 8500 feet. Lows 26 to 34. Southwest winds around 15 mph with gusts to around 30 mph in the evening becoming light.

Maybe some of the yahoo's that were going this weekend will go next, so you can get your "look at what that moron is doing" fix!:ride:

Let me add something relevant to this thread: my 3-year AutoZone battery died after 22 months. :thumbsup: Maybe I shouldn't have let it run dry?

In any case, check your car and truck batteries if they are not maintenance free!

Maybe some of the yahoo's that were going this weekend will go next, so you can get your "look at what that moron is doing" fix!:thumbsup:

I know huh? :ride::bonk::lol::mad:

Think of it this way,

The trails will be nice and tacky, rain is great!

Let me add something relevant to this thread: my 3-year AutoZone battery died after 22 months. :thumbsup: Maybe I shouldn't have let it run dry?

In any case, check your car and truck batteries if they are not maintenance free!

cheap ass, maintance free batteries are the only way to go.:ride:

I did my first ever "Dual Sport" ride yesterday. Plated my DR on Wed, left the house just before 2 pm (worked in the morning), headed up 87 to meet a couple buddies at Sugarloaf turn. Looked up to see SNOW!!!! on 4 peaks, and headed for it! Found it at the top!

Here's a few pics.

th_P5230067.jpg

th_P5230069.jpg

th_P5230073.jpg

th_P5230077.jpg

12 of us started and 9 of us put in 42 miles today (3 went back to the trucks at Rattlesnake?Pick Axe while the rest went to the lake)...conditions at Syc Creek were EPIC!!!!!!!!! Grin factor was off the charts:thumbsup: Singletrack was awesome.....sand washes were 5th gear pinned and lean it over in corners.......if you could have gone today and didn't I feel for ya.:thumbsup: Even Alec (my oldest) said it was his best time ever out there and he was hinting that he didn't want to go and when we got there and it was sprinkling he was hemming and hawing about the ride.

I did my first ever "Dual Sport" ride yesterday. Plated my DR on Wed, left the house just before 2 pm (worked in the morning), headed up 87 to meet a couple buddies at Sugarloaf turn. Looked up to see SNOW!!!! on 4 peaks, and headed for it! Found it at the top!

Here's a few pics.

Awesome Greg, I can not believe snow on the peaks memorial day weekend....UNREAL.

12 of us started and 9 of us put in 42 miles today (3 went back to the trucks at Rattlesnake?Pick Axe while the rest went to the lake)...conditions at Syc Creek were EPIC!!!!!!!!! Grin factor was off the charts:thumbsup: Singletrack was awesome.....sand washes were 5th gear pinned and lean it over in corners.......if you could have gone today and didn't I feel for ya.:thumbsup: Even Alec (my oldest) said it was his best time ever out there and he was hinting that he didn't want to go and when we got there and it was sprinkling he was hemming and hawing about the ride.

Nothing like that river sand when it is damp as hell, railing the corners and leaning way low.......Vegas sucks compared to that.