Sign in to follow this  

Paioli RSU 46 oil height and weight.

Couldn't come up with any info on a search of this site or a google search. Hoping someone here can help me out.

I need to know the stock oil height and viscosity for the 46mm RSU fork that came stock on my 1998 TM 300E. If any of you tuning gurus have tips for tuning the fork for trail riding... I'm about 240 pounds geared up and keep the bike on the ground more than in the air. Aggressive tight singletrack riding is what this bike does mostly.

Thanks in advance for any help.

my seals and tools showed up today and I'd love to get this thing back on the trails this weekend...

anyone?

Couldn't come up with any info on a search of this site or a google search. Hoping someone here can help me out.

I need to know the stock oil height and viscosity for the 46mm RSU fork that came stock on my 1998 TM 300E. If any of you tuning gurus have tips for tuning the fork for trail riding... I'm about 240 pounds geared up and keep the bike on the ground more than in the air. Aggressive tight singletrack riding is what this bike does mostly.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Not sure if he will still do them but back in 2000 I sent just the cartridges out of my ATK 260, cheap version of the same forks, to GP-Racing in NY.

http://www.gp-racing.com/

He replaced the base-valves and re-valved the rebound stacks. Made them really sweet in rocks & roots. They use 7mm ID shims which aren't avaliable in very many sizes. He modifed the offending parts to accept 6mm shims like about every other fork made...very nice work.

If you aren't interested in doing any valving then try 7.5 weight oil at 150mm. You need at least .45 springs too. No idea what that bike came with stock?

• Like 1

Not sure if he will still do them but back in 2000 I sent just the cartridges out of my ATK 260, cheap version of the same forks, to GP-Racing in NY.

http://www.gp-racing.com/

He replaced the base-valves and re-valved the rebound stacks. Made them really sweet in rocks & roots. They use 7mm ID shims which aren't avaliable in very many sizes. He modifed the offending parts to accept 6mm shims like about every other fork made...very nice work.

If you aren't interested in doing any valving then try 7.5 weight oil at 150mm. You need at least .45 springs too. No idea what that bike came with stock?

Thanks for the tip... and especially the info.

The fork was pretty sweet before I blew the seal. I could certainly go with a stiffer spring, but I think I'll cheat and maybe use 10 wt oil... though I don't really want to slow down the rebound circuit. maybe a little more oil than stock?

I definately want to send the forks in for work, but there's a lot of riding to be done this summer and I can't have the bike down for more than a couple weeks if I can help it... unless I get the pig back in tip top shape.