Sign in to follow this  

I'm so bored and I can't wait to ride!

It's killing me sitting here in the office today when all I can think about is all of the riding we have planned this weekend! I just want to go home and get my bike and gear ready! Is anybody else dying at work today to? :thumbsup:

You have no idea. I am about to just walk the hell out I can't stand it any longer

I'm like the only freakin person here

:thumbsup::ride::bonk: I think my butt has taken root to my seat.

The Bike Maintenance Nazi told me that I have to clean the air filters in both my bikes and his KTM before I can ride in the morning.:mad: I need a valve clearance checked on my Husky so I have to kiss his arse and do what he says!!:lol:

:ride::bonk::lol: I think my butt has taken root to my seat.

The Bike Maintenance Nazi told me that I have to clean the air filters in both my bikes and his KTM before I can ride in the morning.:lol: I need a valve clearance checked on my Husky so I have to kiss his arse and do what he says!!:mad:

You should have the Bike Maintenance Nazi show you how to check the valves then you won't have to clean his air filters! :thumbsup: That's what I did! But somehow, I still end up cleaning his air filters. :p

I have to put in new friction plates in the clutch and install my new akrapovic header pipe! I'm so excited for that!

^ I am a bona fide apprentice in training!! I would like to get to the point that I can take care of my own bikes, but its baby steps for now. Besides I do the same thing to him with cooking. "I'll fix you chicken Dijon and homemade pecan pie if you will change the tires on my bike sweetie, and if you don't you get baloney and cheese!!" The bartering system is alive and well at our house. :thumbsup:

Are you going to Lehman Springs KTMchick? are the folks who were thinking of going still going? take Pix! have fun!!!!!

I'll just be riding here at home, my sis is coming over to ride my ttr125 on Monday, next weekend is Eddieville!!!!

Are you going to Lehman Springs KTMchick? are the folks who were thinking of going still going? take Pix! have fun!!!!!

I'll just be riding here at home, my sis is coming over to ride my ttr125 on Monday, next weekend is Eddieville!!!!

We're not going. :ride: Gonna stick around here and keep an eye on George. Maybe ride a bit tomorrow and maybe on Monday too.

Hopefully by Monday I'll have the ktm lowered about an inch and a half. :thumbsup:

You should have the Bike Maintenance Nazi show you how to check the valves

There's a vid in the husky forum somewhere that shows how to do it. it's probably the easiest bike in the world to check the valves.

Ok, the easiest high-performance bike. I think my dr650 might even be easier.

We are riding a bunch saturday and monday for sure. Sunday we should be getting both bikes revalved and tresa's lowered by TrailTricks.

I'm mechanically challenged, go easy on me!:ride: The first one did go pretty smoothly though, much easier than the DRZ400.:thumbsup:

How are you guys lowering jat's bike?

How are you guys lowering jat's bike?

paying a guy money. duh.

lol, he's taking 1.5" out of the suspension, and also revalving it for better bottoming resistance and combined desert/woods performance.

i think we're going to go with smaller tires next time around too. there's no reason for someone 120 lbs to use the same width tires as someone 200 lbs. smaller tires should corner better too.

No, we are going to ride Cashmere and then hit up a MX track in Olympia if it's not raining on Sunday.

I wish I could go to Eddieville! Stupid weddings! :thumbsup:

awwww, that's nice jat, llamaface isn't telling you it doesn't matter if you can't touch while you're riding--you know, the feet are supposed to be on the pegs anyways, or Ricky Carmichael doesn't need to touch the ground, bla bla bla(I'm so tired of hearing that from someone who's flat footed on their bike and 6' tall :thumbsup:). I am doing better not chickening out and dabbing stuff, but I've not gotten any better in not tipping over when I have to stop unexpectedly--if my foot actually touches something I can catch the bike, but my butt is not quick enough to slide around on the gripper seat when all I got is air.

Oh well, tipping over's not so bad anymore :ride: I'm going to play with my suspension clickers this weekend--I've been reading about suspension and rebound and preload, and it's really confusing but I can tell that if I understand it it's very good stuff to know :bonk: and experiment with.

(I'm so tired of hearing that from someone who's flat footed on their bike and 6' tall :thumbsup:). I am doing better not chickening out and dabbing stuff,

I am all about dabbing. It's way easier than learning how to ride.

mark_going_up.jpg

I am all about dabbing. It's way easier than learning how to ride.

mark_going_up.jpg

Ah, add another smart arse to the collection!:thumbsup:

I think what type of terrain you are riding makes a huge difference in what you can get away with.

It is raining here (CA) and I was going to ride up in the forest tomorrow, but I guess that wont be happening. Rain in the forecast both Sat and Sun.:thumbsup: im SO tempted to go anyways but if I get caught in lighting or something happens and I get stuck up there I might be sorry. Darn it.....I NEED TO RIDE!

That's a cool pic LLF! even if you are dabbing :thumbsup: where is that?

the only dabbing that is successful/helpful for me now is downhill when I can get a solid foot on the bank next to me or something, like when I'm trying not to slide down on the loose rocks(ha or slide slooowly). At least since I can't touch very well I HAVE to keep my feet up when I get squidy or else it's all over:D--so I suppose that's a Good Thing. And usually the solution to dabbing(or thinking about dabbing) is Going Faster. I'll be the first to confess that not having flat feet really does force me to learn to ride better, BUT it definately makes for a "bumpier" learning curve!!

K, enough of THAT :ride:, this IS the first weekend of summer, woohoo! I'm inviting y'all over to my house for BBQ "in my heart" :bonk:

That's a cool pic LLF! even if you are dabbing :thumbsup: where is that?

Behind the rocks trail in moab.

Alot of times, esp when riding with tresa, I'll try to ride without dabbing, just keep my feet glued to the pegs to see if i can do some gnarly section. I figure if I have to take a foot off, then I can't really expect someone short to be able to ride it without trouble.

I've never heard the term "dabbing"

I do it sometimes....a dab here and a dab there.