Cement Creek Trails

Hi all,

Anybody know what the trails around Cement Creek will be like in the last week of June?

We're supposed to meet up there but I'm worried about the snow this year.

If we're snowed out, what's another good place to go with trails for a week that won't be snowed in? As much single track as possible.

Thanks.

They're still skiing out of Crested Butte. They're skiing places that have never been skied before because of the amount of late snow. You'll have to check back just before you plan to leave because it's all weather dependent. If it's warm things may open up a bit. If it stays cool and stormy we'll get more snow up there. It's like predicting where the next tornado will hit 2 weeks ahead of time.

I heard a couple of days ago that CB and Taylor Park got a significant dump of snow again just this week. If true, the pack is adding up, not dropping.

Taylor Res is still frozen. I just got back from Redcone/kenosha area and it's amazing how much snow is still up there. I can only imagine what it's like in taylor park.

Sounds like we need some global warming! Gonna be short season for us up there this year from the sounds of it.

Ok, looks like Cement Creek area will be out for last week of June. Last time I went there it was a normal snowfall year and the trails still had patches and some passes were closed. With a lot more snow I am betting the trials will still be full in a month.

So, where to next? I've only ridden Taylor Park/Cement Creek. Where else can we go that will provide 8 days of single track riding from a camp spot that requires no trailering to trailheads that will be free of snow?

Any good riding down near Durango?

Rainbow Trail going to be open?

Thanks for the help.

Jake

Google Uncompaghre Plateau.

thats you only bet right now

I don't plan a Rainbow Trail ride until AFTER the Texas Crew has been there and done their thing. Don't remember when they usually try to do it but Rick Ramsey usually lets us know.

Rainbow Trail going to be open?

Thanks for the help.

Jake

It's usually Memorial Day weekend. Haven't heard about this years trail work, but the upper west end of RT is still snowbound

There's still a LOT of snow, there:

Taylor Park 2008-05-27.jpg

all the singletrack on the uncompahgre plateau is closed until july

There is some singletrack on the plateau that opens before July, just not an abundance of it.

There is some singletrack on the plateau that opens before July, just not an abundance of it.

when we gonna do thursday night mayhem?:thumbsup:

ouch. that is where we were looking at going next.

OK then. How is the temp in Moab in the last week of June?

How about the riding around Grand Junction. Good single track? Lots of it?

Thanks.

I would steer clear of moab and/or grand junction in the summer. Don't get me wrong those are some of my favorite places to ride, but not in the summer. If you do go that way plan on riding very early in the morning or late in the evening.

I would steer clear of moab and/or grand junction in the summer. Don't get me wrong those are some of my favorite places to ride, but not in the summer. If you do go that way plan on riding very early in the morning or late in the evening.

arrrg. that's about what I was thinking.

c'mon snow, melt.

can anyone point me to some trails in Wyoming?

Thanks.

Looks like the last 2 days of rain has pulled a lot of snow off on western slope. Gonna try to see how much this weekend.

It would appear that there is still a fair amount of snow at the higher elevations.

Taylor Park 2008-06-08.jpg

95% of trails on the Uncompaghre oopen 5/31. Was there for 5 days last week riding was great. Went on Gateway end.