Anti-vibration (handlebar) suggestions for XR650R??

Looking for any suggestions on how to reduce handlebar vibrations on my PIG. I have wrist problems and lose feeling in both thumbs and some fingers when riding for extended periods. I have seen a few rubber mount systems, just wondering what you guys are using and what you all think is the best.

Currently, the only after market control modification I have is Pro-Taper bars. I do have a IMS 4.3 gallon tank that may interfere with some rubber mount systems.

Thanks.

Not sure about handlebar mounts, but one lead I can give you are the ProTaper Pillowtop grips - http://www.protaper.com/contents/products/grips/index.html . Apparently they are good for reducing vibration, and at under $15 might be an inexpensive partial solution.

They are very popular, resulting in lots of places being out of stock, so you might have to do some searching.

Do some searches. You've got a few different things to try. Here's a short and incomplete list to get you started...

1: Try some bar-end weights to change the harmonic frequency of the bars so they don't whip about at the exact frequency of the motor.

2: Try the Bar-Snake device, or you can do the same thing yourself with some lead shot and silicone caulk. Just push the lead shot and caulk in one end of the bar until you've filled it up.

3: Pro-Grip dual sport vibration absorbing grips.

4: Gell padded, or thick palmed gloves.

5: Making sure you aren't over gripping the bars. A looser grip (within reason) will keep the vibrations from transferring to your hands.

6: Try an aftermarket aluminum bar if you are still running the stocker.

7: Try the Sunline OSX bars. They have layeres of polymer (glue) inside the bars which they clain absorb the vibration energy.

That's the extent of ideas I have to contribut at this point. I hope they help. I'm sure you'll get more ideas from our other friends on TT.

Good luck taming those shakes!

this may seem a lil budget/ ghetto but it helped loads with me and my hands falling asleep.... so here's the set up... its a 2000 yz250 w/ protaper couture's with the protaper over sized mounts with progrip 714 grips with probend guards.... that alone did wonders BUT i am always looking for better so one night it hit me.... i took my bars off and the grips as well.... then i took some spray foam and put a dab in one end where the bar bends up to the "handle" part.... let it set up good and then poured some sand in (enough to fill the part of the bar that is bent down where it gets mounted) tap the bar to settle the sand down fairly tight then cap off the open end in the same manor with the foam.... be aware that u will need to keep the ends free so u can put ur bar mount ends in so use the foam sparingly.... and whamo u got the "delaney ghetto anti vibe bars" hope that helps i know it did for me:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Go to Wallmart & get a bottle of BB's. Fill up the bars & silicone each end or anythimg to keep them in. Guarentee less vibes!

That I have heard works.

I also have heard expanding foam works... I tried it.... That crap kept expanding for days! Filling my turn signal switch, throttle tube....?

ehhh my buds got them on his klx450 and i do agree that do work ok they are not worth the money.... on a side note any one else who use them notice a pain in there shoulders??? it did help with arm but my shoulders kill me after i ride with them

I had the same pain until I installed 2" pivoting risers and cr high bend bars.

I filled my bars with silicone caulk (left over tube in garage) and it helped a lot. 2002 YZ250 pinger. To apply use a foot long piece of tubeing and push it to the end of the bar and start squeezing the caulk gun, then slowly pull out, usually the silicone will start to push the tube out, and fill the bars.