how should i spend it?

Cut the performance mods, get your suspension and rebuild the top end. Then spend what ever is left over on oil and pre mix.

Performace mods are not gonna do as much for you as a well tuned suspension.

i would not spend it on pipes, reeds, and an air filter, that is not where you get your power from. now that the rule has changed for 125s, why dont you buy a big bore 144 kit for it? athena sells one for like 600$, and there you have a fresh top end and plenty of power. with the rest of the money i would get a suspension revalve, and start saving for tires, fuel, and replacement parts

I wouldn't touch the bike if its missing the carb. It makes you wonder why is the carb gone in the first place, and also what could have been done to the motor to have him taking apart the bike. Unless its like a mint bike don't waste you time. You can get really nice 2001-2002 125's for like 1200 with tons of mods done to them.

I have an '02 YZ125 myself. First thing, get the necessities. Carb like you listed and jet it, a good set of tires (I like Michelins on mine), good bars (you'll have to switch out the top clamp or buy an adapter which raises the height of the bars to run 1 1/8" as the mounts are solid on the clamps for this model...7/8" bars are still good), and set up the suspension. Pro Action did mine and I was happy with the work and turn-around time. I'd also invest in a good chain/sprocket set (stock gearing is 13/49) and brake pads (I prefer Ferodo pads). Don't worry about the K&N filter. For the price of that, you can pick up a couple Twin Airs or No Toils. Once you do all that, see what you like about the bike and what you'd like changed power-wise. I found that a Pro Circuit pipe and a stock silencer was a great combo on mine, and I'll throw a PC shorty on for the tight tracks.

How's the top end, the crank, and clutch on the bike?

I wouldn't touch the bike if its missing the carb. It makes you wonder why is the carb gone in the first place, and also what could have been done to the motor to have him taking apart the bike. Unless its like a mint bike don't waste you time. You can get really nice 2001-2002 125's for like 1200 with tons of mods done to them.

completly missed the part about missing a carb, yes, the bike must have a major problem for him to take the carb off and sell it as is. probably bought the bike rode the f*&% out of it and when it broke he took it apart and is selling it as is for a rediculously low price. i wount buy it, even for a 2 stroke 900 is very low, especially for how new it is.

i would spend it on suspension because your bike will you fit you instead of you having to spend more money to fit your bike. With out proper suspension you will not feel comfortable on the bike and you will lose confidence in your self. After that you can save it up for gas and premix. Yes exhaust pipes will help out performance but IMO its not really necessary unless there is something wrong with the stock one.