Mollibdinum disulfide grease

I was looking through the manual and noticed that all swingarm components call for this type of grease. Does anyone use this particular grease or do you just use a good waterproof grease? What brand and type of grease do you preffer?

I don't have it in front of me, and can't remember what it is called, but I got a tub of Bel Ray grease that lists that component. I also have a tub of Yamalube, to be honest I've never checked to see if it has the Moly, and I generally use the Yamalube on my linkage (and air filter).

Molybdenum Disulfide is common to many assembly lubes. Personally, I wouldn't trip all over myself trying to find it where linkage, steering and wheel bearings are concerned, but where the manual calls for it in the motor (assembly lube) I do use it.

But you might check for the moly as an ingredient in whatever Bel Ray grease they have at your local shop.

Hope this helps.

I looked around at the ingredients in the greases at my local auto parts store. I don't have it in front of me but I ended up with two common types of grease - one had the moly the other the lithium-base. it was about 2 otr 3 bucks total.

I use the moly stuff in the swingarm and linkage and bel-ray waterproof everywhere else.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now