Sign in to follow this  

TT-R125 Finger-Adjustable Fuel Screw!!!!!

For the past several months, I've been working with Marc Salvisberg, the wizardly owner of Factory Pro Tuning, to create a finger-adjustable fuel screw for the OEM Mikuni carburetor on the TT-R125. Tonight, my friendly neighborhood UPS man delivered the prototype to me, and I could hardly wait to install it in my TT-R125E.

I'm sure you're like me, and you fiddle with the fuel screw all the time, but it's a major pain to adjust, as I'm sure you know. Well, our days of envying FCR-equipped bike owners with finger-adjustable fuel screws are over.

Marc came up with a "T-handle" fuel screw design that works perfectly. You can install it without removing the carb from the bike, and it's a perfect length--long enough to clear the rather tall fuel bowl on the TTR, but not too long so that it's obstructed by the clutch cable located below the carb. The "T" profile on the end is very easy to index, and its shape is easy to get leverage on with your two index fingers. All in all, it's a big success, and I let Marc know that the design is ready to go to market.

Marc has set a retail price of $17.95 for the screw (which includes the required spring, washer, and correct-size o-ring), and they are available from his company (Factory Pro Tuning). You can log onto www.FactoryPro.com for Marc's contact information.

BTW, I apologize for not including a photo of the screw. I was too excited to install it and try it out to take the time to snap a pic of it. At a later time, I will try to take a shot of it installed in the carb on my bike.

But, for now, get in touch with Marc and Factory Pro and "get you one"!