Sign in to follow this  

Foresthill conditions - still wet?

Weather reports of scattered showers in the foothills this week. I saw radar image of rain at Foresthill tuesday after noon, what about yesterday wednesday? Has it been raining up there all this week? are trails 1 and 7 gonna be greasy still by this Saturday?

you can tell a lot by walking over to the trail 1 up route from sugarpine. If it's greasy there, you'll know or drive in deep from the 3's access road and as you go down hill past where we used to stage it gets peanut butter greasy on the road there on the down hill part as well and that's a good indicator of grease on the trails

KX1984 and I raced the Reno OTHG National in Fernley last weekend. We drove over 80 and it was snowing in Truckee and the higher elevations. Not to mention pretty good rain at the lower elevations!

Rode FH yesterday and it was awesome! Here at home ( 5k feet) is was raining when I left. Saw no rain once I got below Blue Canyon. Saw alot of variety in the terrain. The slimey stuff was still pretty slimey. Trail 2 and all the 3's started slick and was a little better by the end of the day. I got alot of practice keeping the back tire underneath me on the snotty stuff. 1 & 7 were still very slimey but I'm sure will be better every day. Today is gonna be great, Tomorrow is gonna be killer, and If I'm still able by Sat It should be freakin killer. I'm at home right now and have blue skies for the first time in a week.

Are we gonna have a Skipper ride on SAT? Bigbob style? zero dark thirty?

Post it up skipper!!!!!:thumbsup: