450 V.s. 250

well that would all depend on how goo of a rider you are. if you just started riding, and want to get into motocross, id buy a 250f, this way you can get used to riding motocross and have fun on the biike and get faster. but on a 250f you will get bored of the power fast, and want something faster. but there are benifits of riding a 250f. you can ride the bike to the limits and you will feel like a faster rider and you will become a faster rider. on a 450, if youve riden motocross for a while, you will like the way it rides because the power is endless. you can ride the bike hard and not have to worry about it blowing up as much as a 250f would if you ride it hard. but this is all your opinion on what you want to ride. if it were me id buy the 450, but thats just my opinion.

Depends if you're just learning the track layout or truly practicing. If you know the layout, why wouldn't you practice on what you're going to race on?

I've never heard of any pro practicing on something different for fear of getting accurate results (e.g. power difference between 250 vs. 450 = different gear for a particular jump, different landing point, etc).

I've always been advised to practice/train just like you'll race.

Like someone said, why practice on anything other than what you would race??? Having said that, I like/ride my 250 A LOT more than the 450 and have a lot more fun. You have to think a bit more on a 250. By that I mean, you can't just run the throttle and make big jumps. You have to plan ahead and go faster thru stuf in order to make the big obstacles.

250Fs are lighter, simple to work on, etc.

Like someone said, why practice on anything other than what you would race??? Having said that, I like/ride my 250 A LOT more than the 450 and have a lot more fun. You have to think a bit more on a 250. By that I mean, you can't just run the throttle and make big jumps. You have to plan ahead and go faster thru stuf in order to make the big obstacles.

250Fs are lighter, simple to work on, etc.

i was sayin that it wouldnt be raced, well not organized. if that makes any scene.

i was sayin that it wouldnt be raced, well not organized. if that makes any scene.

I guess I don't really know what the hell you're saying/asking/whatever. Just go buy a bike and ride. Honda CRF250Rs are pretty much the best you can get so go w/ that. ?

To learn and practice on - the 250 will be better choice.

To maintain and ride, the 450 would be more "fun" and less expensive to maintain.

If you are just play riding and or, practicing then a 450 would seem to be the most logical and conceptual choice.

You're just play riding, so you can ride anything you want. Since there's no competition, there's no way to answer your question in any meaningful way. Buy whatever you want. For what you're doing, you're not going to be faster on either one.

I ride a 250 and on the tracks I ride I don't think a 450 would make me any faster but where I would like the extra power is when I make a mistake. I think a 450 is more forgiving when you have to get out of the throttle to gather the bike back up especially in a corner or right before a jump on a 450 you could hit the throttle and still make the jump but a 250 you might be in trouble.